"Hey Siri" when connected via bluetooth to car stereo

clankfu

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
When your phone is connected via bluetooth, is the audio input routed through the car stereo's bluetooth mic or the iPhone's mic? And is there any way to change that setting?

I'm having a hell of a time initiating "Hey Siri" while I'm driving and wondering what the problem is.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if "hey Siri" is designed to work over Bluetooth without a long press of the Bluetooth call button to get Siri listening.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Your car's system doesn't have a steering wheel button to press to initiate or answer a call? That one...

clankfu

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Gotcha. Actually, there's a button on my head unit that's supposed to activate voice commands but I haven't tried it with my iPhone.

So you're saying that if I use the "Hey Siri" command, the iPhone's mic is supposed to be picking it up? Not sure why but it very rarely works. I know my car isn't the quietest but my previous phone was a Moto X and it picked up my voice just fine.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I find that it works but I have to mute my stereo first. It appears that "Hey Siri" is first activated through the phone's mic but then it transfers the audio to my car's Bluetooth connection. If it matters, I drive a '15 Chrysler 300S with Uconnect 8.4N.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

clankfu

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I find that it works but I have to mute my stereo first. It appears that "Hey Siri" is first activated through the phone's mic but then it transfers the audio to my car's Bluetooth connection. If it matters, I drive a '15 Chrysler 300S with Uconnect 8.4N.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Yea, I always mute the stereo when I do it too. Maybe I have a defective microphone.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Gotcha. Actually, there's a button on my head unit that's supposed to activate voice commands but I haven't tried it with my iPhone.

So you're saying that if I use the "Hey Siri" command, the iPhone's mic is supposed to be picking it up? Not sure why but it very rarely works. I know my car isn't the quietest but my previous phone was a Moto X and it picked up my voice just fine.

My car's Bluetooth has a mic that pics up my voice when I press the Bluetooth call button. My iPhone is in my pocket.

Shereeb64

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey, i used Hey Siri last night and it came through the bluetooth in my car, however, it was slow to respond. I did have a pop up give me the option to use my car bluetooth or phone speaker though

ByTech

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
When your phone is connected via bluetooth, is the audio input routed through the car stereo's bluetooth mic or the iPhone's mic? And is there any way to change that setting?

I'm having a hell of a time initiating "Hey Siri" while I'm driving and wondering what the problem is.

My car blocks the hey Siri and the blue tooth call button. I believe it is because my version doesn't have CarPlay feature. Missed it by a few production months when I ordered my car.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro