Anyone else disappointed with 6s Plus screen resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_m_p

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I dropped my iPhone 5s a few months ago and had to use a LG G3 until I was able to pick up a new iPhone. Now that I have the 6s Plus I'm kinda disappointed by the screen resolution on it. I have this brand new phone with a 1920 x 1080 screen yet I was using this year and a half old phone with a
2560 x 1440 and to be honest, it is way better. Anyone else a little disappointed with the screens on the new phones?

Edit: This was posted in the correct forum.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Once again NO I'm not disappointed with the screen resolution on the iPhone 6s Plus. I don't get wrapped up in Specs, because it's about real world experiences. The Note5 has 4gb of RAM, but yet compared to the 6sPlus 2gb of RAM it's slower. Just like sports, a team my look good on paper, but it's all how they perform in the "real world"....just my .02

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Once again NO I'm not disappointed with the screen resolution on the iPhone 6s Plus. I don't get wrapped up in Specs, because it's about real world experiences. The Note5 has 4gb of RAM, but yet compared to the 6sPlus 2gb of RAM it's slower. Just like sports, a team my look good on paper, but it's all how they perform in the "real world"....just my .02

I think that is a little different. The screen resolution and clarity can directly effect our experiences with our phones. The slowness is definitely one aspect. The iPhones run laps around the new Note devices. But we aren't really talking about specs on paper here. We are talking about a visually superior display that may mean a better video watching experience or a better gaming experience or a better reading experience.

Am I disappointed? I think disappointed is a strong word. But it definitely wouldn't hurt to have a nicer display. But what we have is plenty good. And if a better display means worse battery life (Which I believe would be a trade off) then I'll stick with the battery.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
2560 x 1440 and to be honest, it is way better. Anyone else a little disappointed with the screens on the new phones?

Just because a screen has a higher spec numbers concerning resolution doesn't mean it looks better. It's about "real" world colors...NOT artificial .......to ME anyway.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The 6s Plus screen resolution looks fine to me. I don't need saturated colors to be happy. It's eye candy for sure. But as I've stated before, Android screens reminds me of looking at a portrait on the wall. The iPhone is more like looking out a picture window at the real world.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not disappointed in the resolution by any means. It is pin sharp at normal viewing distances and videos, games, etc. look great. The color reproduction is as good or better than any other panel in the business. eBooks can be read, although it feels a bit cramped at times. I've even done some document editing on it in an emergency. Overall, the resolution is sufficient by my needs

That being said, would higher resolution be nice? Of course. The 6S+ resolution is phenomenal, and a 1080p in a 4.7" screen would be even better from a resolution standpoint. For my purposes, however, I'll stick to my Air 2 for anything where a big screen is preferable, like reading, watching videos, and preparing documents and TPS reports.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my iPhone 5s a few months ago and had to use a LG G3 until I was able to pick up a new iPhone. Now that I have the 6s Plus I'm kinda disappointed by the screen resolution on it. I have this brand new phone with a 1920 x 1080 screen yet I was using this year and a half old phone with a

Edit: This was posted in the correct forum.

No. My screen looks fine. I get disappointed with over saturated screens.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Just because a screen has a higher spec numbers concerning resolution doesn't mean it looks better. It's about "real" world colors...NOT artificial .......to ME anyway.

Its the same higher megapixel means a better camera argument. And we all know that isn't true. To OPs defense though the g3 has a great screen.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Nope, I think the 1080P screen on the 6s+ is fantastic. However I haven't used any other smartphone other than an iPhone since the 3G version...

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
This is my first iPhone coming from high end Android devices such as the Note 4 and LG G4. Were the devices amazing to look at? Absolutely. Did the battery suffer because of it? Absolutely. I'd rather have a long screen on time than luscious colors. The color representation on the 6s Plus is just fine for me. I don't notice any pixelation, the blacks are inky, the colors are vibrant, and the battery while the screen is on is outstanding.

sparkeater79

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I came to the iPhone 6s from the iPhone 6plus. It is noticeably faster and the screen is every bit as nice as the plus, just a little smaller. Not disappointed with the screen at all.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The resolution on these things is getting to the point where it's so great that even if they up the specs I won't be able to tell with my naked eye. It's like 1080p and 4K to me. I'm content with either.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I used an lg g3 for about a month and I didn't think the screen was that impressive unless you watched the 2k videos they included on the phone. The screen was too dim (a common lg g3 complaint) and colors were too fake.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I just keep thinking back to the mono chrome screen on flip phones.... Nah I am happy with the iPhones screens these days :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not in the least bit disappointed. The screen is gorgeous. Could it be better? Sure, everything can be improved. I prefer the screen on my iPhone, that I can see in full daylight, over the screen on my Note 4 that turns black in direct sunlight, rendering it unusable.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
The G3 has a higher resolution, but washed out colors. The brightness isn't the best either. Now if you said G4 I'd maybe take you seriously. That phone has a nice display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I personally love the display. There's more to a screen than resolution.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711