Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
So, has anybody used their 14-day return period to trade their new iPhone 6s+, and downsize to the 6s yet?

I'd be interested in knowing how many of those that have were iPhone 6 users that found the bigger phone to be unwieldy or hard to use vs. the much more portable & one-hand-usage friendly smaller one.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I just went to the 6S, Silver 64 GB.

I want to like the 6S+ because of the screen, OIS, and excellent battery life. I really do. And it's a great phone.

BUT, the size of the 6S is just right for me. It fits much better in my suit pockets than the 6S+ did, and it's just not as noticeable when it's in the shorts and/or jean pockets. Of great importance for me is that it doesn't feel like I have a brick on my arm when I'm running or lifting at the gym. That's key for me, and something I never really got used to (had the 6 Plus for nearly a year as well).

The battery life is ok, and I'm always near a charger, either at my desk or in my car, so it's not really a worry for me. I don't really notice any difference in the pictures between the 6S and 6S+, but that's just me. It's perfect for quick photos of my kids, etc. If I need great performance, I grab my mirrorless.

I miss the screen for quick YouTube videos and brief Netflix sessions, but for any heavy gaming or binge watching, I grab my iPad Air 2.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The plus is just too big for me. Lady pockets barely hold the 6s. I also run a lot and the plus is terrible to carry around for that. I loved the battery life of my plus but it was not practical for my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I always hear people talk about how
nice it is to have all that screen real estate but every time I use my finance's 6 plus it's a chore. I can't wait to get back to my 6. Same with my iPad mini 2 and her iPad Air.

And it peeves me so bad when people talk about how the plus's camera is better than the 6 /6s simply because it has OIS.

Ask Anyone who knows even a little about cameras and they'll say that OIS in a tiny *** smartphone camera hardly makes a difference. Good digital stabilization on a smartphone is way better than even better than average OIS. Plus you can only really tell a difference between the 6s and plus if they are side by side.

I'll bet anyone on the forum that if there were two pictures side by side that unless you knew that'd you never be able to accurately guess which was the 6S and which was the plus.

Also I love love love the battery life of the plus but the user experience is so much worse than the 6 that it's not worth it. I want my phone to be a phone. If I wanted a tablet I'd get a tablet.

PS I have pretty small hands lol. If you like the size of your 6 I'm genuinely happy for you.

Oh and a lot of people have said they also like the plus better because it's 1080p

Well unless I got close and squinted I've never once noticed her plus being sharper despite the higher ppi. Now if they'd have made the plus with 326ppi like the 6 it'd be like sandpaper on my eyes haha.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Yep. That's what I did. Size of the plus is just too much. Battery life on the 6s has been surprisingly good. Impressive even. At least with the way I use a phone.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
To me the extra screen real estate is worth the slight inconvenience of having a large phone. This is coming from a guy with pretty sizable hands though.

I've read quite a few benchmark reports showing that the 6s Plus outperforms the 6s. Has anyone else seen this? If I run across one I'll post the URL.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
To me the extra screen real estate is worth the slight inconvenience of having a large phone. This is coming from a guy with pretty sizable hands though.

I've read quite a few benchmark reports showing that the 6s Plus outperforms the 6s. Has anyone else seen this? If I run across one I'll post the URL.

I've always seen it the other way around. The 6S ever so slight "outperforms" the 6S+ because the same processor has fewer pixels to push. I don't think any of us would ever notice in real world, day-to-day usage though.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've always seen it the other way around. The 6S ever so slight "outperforms" the 6S+ because the same processor has fewer pixels to push. I don't think any of us would ever notice in real world, day-to-day usage though.

Could be. I haven't actually measured the performance side by side with my wife's 6s. I'm just going by what I've read. Either way, I'm sure the difference is negligible.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I had the 6 Plus last year and then switched to the 6. This time around, I went straight for the 6S. I am enjoying having a more compact smartphone to handle. When I really want to consume content, I will use my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Kinda wish I went with the plus over the regular this time around. I dropped my 6S without a case and scratched it already so there goes my return opportunity haha. Looks like I'm keeping it a while.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Kinda wish I went with the plus over the regular this time around. I dropped my 6S without a case and scratched it already so there goes my return opportunity haha. Looks like I'm keeping it a while.

Still worth a try exchanging it depending how bad the scratch is.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Could be. I haven't actually measured the performance side by side with my wife's 6s. I'm just going by what I've read. Either way, I'm sure the difference is negligible.

My wife has a 6S+ and I can't tell a difference in performance at all. Both phones are crazy fast and have way more horsepower than any app out there right now could ever take advantage of.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm honestly on the fence. I had a 6 plus and now a 6s. I went to the Portland Apple Store this weekend and played with the 6s plus again; didn't like the size. That said, I'm not used to not having the battery life I did with the 6 plus. I had to buy a battery pack this weekend and it sucked carrying it around. It's not a regular occurrence traveling but when you aren't near outlets, it's sure is nice having that security with the plus.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I also wanted to add that I also have a note 5 as well and have not really noticed the downgraded resolution much. I also loooooove not having apps reloading! It's so awesome!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR