Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I opted for a 6s, moved down from a 6+ and now I am waiting for my 6s+. I tried, but once you go +....

EDIT:

I got my 6s+ and after my using my 6s for a couple of weeks, I just cant do the + this time around. Happy with my 6s.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I just returned my iPhone 6s for a 6s plus.
Couldn't get used to the lower resolution screen, really wish The 6s had a 1080p panel.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I just returned my iPhone 6s for a 6s plus.
Couldn't get used to the lower resolution screen, really wish The 6s had a 1080p panel.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I haven't really noticed a difference. When I went from my 6 Plus to the regular 6, it seemed the same to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
ohhhh nononononono.....I won't switch back to the smaller size.

I'm barely five feet tall and I've got super small hands and little Vienna sausage fingers and I can handle this phone with no problem at all. I picked up my 6 to package it up and send it out to a family member and it felt TINY. LOVE the screen real estate.

The camera is excellent, the battery life is OUTRAGEOUS. I'm in. Only wish I'd done it last year.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I went with the 6s this time. I had the 6 Plus and before that the Note 4, Note 3 and Note 2 along with a long list of other phones. I have always liked having the extra screen real estate. Then I sold my 6 Plus to prepare to buy the 6s Plus. I used a 5s for a while and really appreciated having a phone small enough to truly use one handed. Yes, I could use those other phones I listed with one hand when I needed to. I could fit them all in my pocket and so on, but I just really liked having a more comfortable phone to use. I am certainly not going to say that I will never go back to a big phone. I think the 6s Plus is great. My wife loves her 6 Plus and won't go back to a smaller phone. For now, I am really liking my 6s. I plan to wait to see what the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus bring. I am hoping for a smaller form factor on the Plus with the same 5.5 inch screen.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ooooo they HAVE GOT to have the 5.5 screen!!!! Can't imagine not having a 7 Plus!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Ooooo they HAVE GOT to have the 5.5 screen!!!! Can't imagine not having a 7 Plus!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I'm sure the 5.5 screen isn't going anywhere. I think they will find a way to make the body smaller though. It will be interesting to see how they do it though if they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
How did you do that? Are there just iPhones in stock where you live? I had to watch the apple availability every morning at 8am to see if something came available till I found one I wanted and I haven't found a plus in stock. I live in Austin so I know there is a high demand right now.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I met several people who have purchased both models! then they don't have to decide and use the one that they need to they current circumstance.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
How did you do that? Are there just iPhones in stock where you live? I had to watch the apple availability every morning at 8am to see if something came available till I found one I wanted and I haven't found a plus in stock. I live in Austin so I know there is a high demand right now.

I live in Midland, TX. Nearest Apple Store to me is El Paso, I think. I return shipped my 6S within the 14 day window and ordered a 6S + from Apple Store app and originally showed delivery date of Oct 27 - Nov 2. Was so impatient that I ended up buying the one I wanted on Swappa for $20 more than from Apple. It'll be here Monday.

Sent from my  iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I just went to the 6S, Silver 64 GB.

I want to like the 6S+ because of the screen, OIS, and excellent battery life. I really do. And it's a great phone.

BUT, the size of the 6S is just right for me. It fits much better in my suit pockets than the 6S+ did, and it's just not as noticeable when it's in the shorts and/or jean pockets. Of great importance for me is that it doesn't feel like I have a brick on my arm when I'm running or lifting at the gym. That's key for me, and something I never really got used to (had the 6 Plus for nearly a year as well).

The battery life is ok, and I'm always near a charger, either at my desk or in my car, so it's not really a worry for me. I don't really notice any difference in the pictures between the 6S and 6S+, but that's just me. It's perfect for quick photos of my kids, etc. If I need great performance, I grab my mirrorless.

I miss the screen for quick YouTube videos and brief Netflix sessions, but for any heavy gaming or binge watching, I grab my iPad Air 2.

Remember when I said this? Yeah.

Just picked up a 6S+ and returned my 6S. I'm a spec ***** and I really missed the battery life. My phone died while out with my kids yesterday and I had no charger handy. That did it. Never happened in an entire year with the 6+.

(I guess it's back to running and working out with a brick on my arm.)

I'm embarrassed by myself.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Remember when I said this? Yeah.

Just picked up a 6S+ and returned my 6S. I'm a spec ***** and I really missed the battery life. My phone died while out with my kids yesterday and I had no charger handy. That did it. Never happened in an entire year with the 6+.

(I guess it's back to running and working out with a brick on my arm.)

I'm embarrassed by myself.
Lol.

anon(9655636)

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I bought the 64 GB silver iPhone 6S Plus on Friday and will be returning it on Monday. I compared it, side by side, to my 64 GB silver iPhone 6 Plus, and the battery life on the 6S Plus was an atrocity! Ironically, I have the allegedly slower Samsung chip in my 6 Plus and the allegedly faster TSMC chip in the 6S Plus. So much for the chip comparison. I think this Chipgate thing is all a bunch of total nonsense. Not impressed with 3D Touch, and Live Photos only worked half of the time. Finally, I don't believe the color of the iPhone has anything to do with battery life or performance. Save your time and money. The upgrade to the 6S Plus isn't worth it!

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

The larger of the two Verizon stores in my city had three 6S Pluses in stock when I bought my 6S; a Silver 128GB, a Space Gray 128GB, and a Space Gray 16GB. The smaller store had no Pluses and one 6S (I believe they said it was a Gold 128GB). So you might want to try your local carrier stores as well because while they don't get the inventory that the Apple Stores do, they also don't have the traffic of an Apple Store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR