Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 62 of 62
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #51  
    eve6er69's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    552 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,428 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?

    Went from a 6+ to a regular 6S. After having a note 3 for almost two years I just wanted a more pocket friendly phone.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nikkisharif likes this.
  2. #52  
    areyes163's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,917 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?

    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    Went from a 6+ to a regular 6S. After having a note 3 for almost two years I just wanted a more pocket friendly phone.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I went from the iPhone 6s plus to the note 5 to the 6s for the same reason. The plus is a great device. I just prefer the smaller device now.

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  3. #53  
    knotsure's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    412 Posts

    Default Re: Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?

    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    Went from a 6+ to a regular 6S. After having a note 3 for almost two years I just wanted a more pocket friendly phone.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did exactly this and couldn't be happier.
  4. #54  
    Frenzytom's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?

    Quote Originally Posted by knotsure View Post
    Did exactly this and couldn't be happier.
    Same here...having super large phones for the last few years (all the Notes and even the uber sized Nexus 6), I am kind of over the large phones phase and happy with the pocket friendly size. Now if the iPhone 7 had a 5 inch screen, it would be super perfect.
  5. #55  
    eve6er69's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    552 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,428 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom View Post
    Same here...having super large phones for the last few years (all the Notes and even the uber sized Nexus 6), I am kind of over the large phones phase and happy with the pocket friendly size. Now if the iPhone 7 had a 5 inch screen, it would be super perfect.
    Yeah I can see why women don't mind them because they have purses. As a man that wears regular pants (not skinny jeans) the phablet was still annoying.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #56  
    TLD1's Avatar

    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,853 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?

    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    Yeah I can see why women don't mind them because they have purses. As a man that wears regular pants (not skinny jeans) the phablet was still annoying.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No doubt about it, the iPhone 6s+ is noticeably more bulky in the front pocket of my dress slacks & khakis I'm in practically every day In fact, that and the inability to easily use every feature one-handed are my two sticking points. I'm usually not this flaky...
  7. #57  
    Davyo's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    249 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?

    I've owed ALL the Notes except the 5 and every model iPhone made including the 6 and 6+.

    Got tired of lugging around a big phone so traded in my Note 4 for the 6s.

    If I had it to do again on my most recent phone swap I would get the Note 5, the iPhone Plus is just to big and the huge bezels are just huge.

    How come Samsung can make a phone that's smaller with a bigger 5.7" screen and Apple makes a phone that's bigger with a smaller 5.5 screen ???

    For right now, my daily driver is the 6s and I am getting used to having a smaller screen size and I really like not lugging around a huge phone, just wish the Plus was not as Plussy.

    I'm not regretting not getting the 6s Plus but I am regretting not getting the Note 5.

    Cheers
    Davyo
  8. #58  
    eve6er69's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    552 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,428 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?

    Quote Originally Posted by Davyo View Post
    I've owed ALL the Notes except the 5 and every model iPhone made including the 6 and 6+.

    Got tired of lugging around a big phone so traded in my Note 4 for the 6s.

    If I had it to do again on my most recent phone swap I would get the Note 5, the iPhone Plus is just to big and the huge bezels are just huge.

    How come Samsung can make a phone that's smaller with a bigger 5.7" screen and Apple makes a phone that's bigger with a smaller 5.5 screen ???

    For right now, my daily driver is the 6s and I am getting used to having a smaller screen size and I really like not lugging around a huge phone, just wish the Plus was not as Plussy.

    I'm not regretting not getting the 6s Plus but I am regretting not getting the Note 5.

    Cheers
    Davyo
    Coming from a note I had the same thoughts. The lighter bigger screen smaller footprint of the note had me thinking a lot. My ultimate decision came down to Apple vs Samsung. Samsung and the memory management stuff just had me aggravated. After the lollipop update I was clearing ram from my note 3 about 5 times a day. I did countless wipes and reloads and never solved the issues. I just remembered how Apple was on memory and app management so I thought that I would give it a shot again.

    There are many many things I miss about android but the core functions of a phone Apple does better. Plus I've had better luck with Siri than I ever had with svoice.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. #59  
    nnahorski's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?

    You'll see from this thread that I've wavered back and forth between the portability of the 6S and the just bad@$$ nature of the specs and battery life on the 6S+. So, I've just returned the 6S+ I got for a 6S. Here's why (from another thread on these forums):

    3D Touch stuttered on the 6S+ on 9.0.x, and on 9.1 stutters and lags so much it hurts the eyes. The frame rate drops and it's so noticeable, whereas the 6S is silky smooth. Go the Apple Store and play around with both and you'll see it. Reducing transparency fixes the problem, but makes the UI look fugly (imho). My wife's 6S+ is the same way, and everyone 6S+ I've seen at the Apple Store or a carrier store has the lag but the 6S does not.

    I tried everything under the sun on this - let it sit for a few days for "indexing"; restore to and reinstall the backup; erase all settings and restore as new; do a completely clean install and put apps back on one-by-one; clean install with no apps whatsoever. No dice, the lag and stutter when using 3D Touch is still there.

    (not to be hyperbolic, but you should have to do this to make The. MARQUEE. FEATURE. of the 6S work as intended.)

    Once I noticed this 3D Touch lag and stuttering, I couldn't un-notice it. I returned by 6S+ for a 6S. Silky smooth right out of the box with my backup and all of my apps. I will just sit this year's plus version out.
  10. #60  

    Default Re: Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?

    Quote Originally Posted by AugustVance View Post
    I am probably the most indecisive person here.
    I had the 6+ from last year.
    Purchased the 6s on launch. After two days, decided on ordering the 6s+. I got the 6s+ after a two week play with the 6s and thought it was just to big to use.
    I then decided to stick with the 6s. After giving the 6s+ a fair chance for the last two days. I think I am going to stick with the 6s+.
    Wow
  11. #61  

    Default Re: Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?

    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    Yeah I can see why women don't mind them because they have purses. As a man that wears regular pants (not skinny jeans) the phablet was still annoying.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't even put mine in my purse. Both my 6s+ & 6s stay in my hand the majority of the day lol
  12. #62  
    idroidmyself's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anybody return their 6s+ for a 6s?

    I switched due to the frame rate drop with the plus model.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. New Iphone 6S will not reboot after update?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 09:02 AM
  2. The best power banks for iPhone 6s
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2015, 02:22 PM
  3. Best cooking apps for NFL game day BBQ
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2015, 11:01 AM

Posting Permissions