Can I use an unlocked iPhone 6s, purchased in the US, in Germany?

I

iMore Question

Can I use an unlocked iPhone 6s, purchased in the US, in Germany

Got my 6s yesterday and I am going to Germany for a month in November. Since it is unlocked will I have any issues using it or do I need an international sim card or something?

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can I use an unlocked iPhone 6s, purchased in the US, in Germany

Unless you have an international plan for data, texts and calls, it will cost you a fortune to use it abroad. It being unlocked has nothing to do with simply connecting to a German network. That should work without a problem, but with expensive charges. Since you'll be there for a month, I'd suggest getting a prepaid German SIM card. This is where the unlocked part comes in. Since it's unlocked you can put any compatible SIM card in it and it should work. I don't know anything about Germany's prepaid plans, but in Italy, France, Spain, Hungary and the Netherlands, you can buy a few gigabytes, a bunch of texts, etc. Or you put a certain amount on it and then what you use is deducted from that amount. It depends on the company and it's all a lot cheaper than in the US. Either way, unless the 6s includes new bands (I haven't looked to see whether it does or not), you likely won't be able to access 4G/LTE with a US phone. The best you'll probably get is 3G. That's always been my experience anyway with US iPhones in Europe.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can I use an unlocked iPhone 6s, purchased in the US, in Germany

Being unlocked means you can put a SIM card from another carrier in it so when you go just get a local sim card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR