Live Wallpapers not working.

Josh Moore3

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
It was but even when I disable it, it still doesn't work .

And btw, it was working yesterday and I had low power mode enabled yesterday so that's not a problem.

The live wallpapers work when I preview them, but not when I set them

I had the same problem, but I saw that live wallpapers can't be set when in low power mode. So check that. :)

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
18mknig; if yours isn't working and you've made sure you have all settings correct and are not in low power mode, then there is something wrong with your phone. Make an appointment with your local Apple store with their Genius Bar.

MJPTB

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Whenever I go to set a live wallpaper for my lock screen it doesn't let me choose live on the options. It only has still. I really want to use them, any help?

Sent from my 64gb Space Grey iPhone 6S.

What you have to do it go into Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion click the button to off and see if you can swicth the buttons from Still to Perspective to Live. Once you put the image you want, just go back into settings amd tunr Reduce Motion back on if you like the sudden closing of pages instead of clicking back mutlpiple times to get back to one thing.

Emi Smith

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
More than likely your "Low Power Mode" is ON. With this setting ON, iPhone 6s WILL NOT allow Dynamic wallpapers to animate... such as the beta fish wallpaper.

How you can tell you Low Power Mode is ON, and preventing you from selecting "Live Photo" after choosing which wallpaper you'd like:

Settings > Wallpaper

*under the screenshots of your existing lock and home screen* you will see:

"Dynamic wallpaper and perspective zoom are disabled when Low Power Mode is on."

THIS^ LETS YOU KNOW WHY YOU'RE UNABLE TO SELECT THE LIVE PHOTO OPTION when trying to set your lock screen wallpaper.

Also, it is a good thing to note that Live Photo wallpapers can ONLY be set to the LOCK screen, and NOT the home screen.

So, as long as you disable your "Low Power Mode" setting in Settings, you should be able to select "Live Photo" as your lock screen wallpaper!

blnolan00

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Everyone saying turn low power mode off obviously doesn't understand that if we're still asking how to do it, obviously it didn't work. I'm getting annoyed with everyone giving the same answers. I've tried every suggestion and is not working. I need actual help not someone copying the previous replies.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Everyone saying turn low power mode off obviously doesn't understand that if we're still asking how to do it, obviously it didn't work. I'm getting annoyed with everyone giving the same answers. I've tried every suggestion and is not working. I need actual help not someone copying the previous replies.

Demanding help and putting down those who have already responded is probably not the most effective way to solicit responses to your question. Reset all settings in Settings > General > Reset. If that doesn't work then a full restore may be in order. If that doesn't work contact Apple Support.

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I've read through this thread and nothing suggested works. In fact, getting my wallpaper to animate live photos has never worked. Go figure. Will wait for the iPhone 7, I guess...

Daylor Like Sailor

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I've read through this thread and nothing suggested works. In fact, getting my wallpaper to animate live photos has never worked. Go figure. Will wait for the iPhone 7, I guess...

Turn off Low Power Mode..select the live wallpaper then you can turn low power mode back on. But you can't apply a Live Wallpaper while in low power mode

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Live Photo: If you press the display while on the Lock screen, the wallpaper will animate. You need an iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus to use Live Photo.

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
This is probably a dumb question, but are you guys actually pressing the screen to activate the motion, or are you just watching and waiting for it to start moving? It'll only activate the motion while you're holding your finger on the lock screen, and it still only moves for a couple of seconds. I was expecting more too....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711