Live Wallpapers not working.

Feliciaaven

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem with my phone and to fix it I turned off my low power mode. After turning it off in settings, it allowed me to choose the live photo option and now it works just fine!!

Avril Lavigne1

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I go to set a live wallpaper for my lock screen it doesn't let me choose live on the options. It only has still. I really want to use them, any help?

Sent from my 64gb Space Grey iPhone 6S.

I had the same exact problem and then found out that when low power mode is on dynamic, live photo and perspective zoom are disabled.
first check if you have your phone on low power mode BC mine is most of the time is so:
*SO SIMPLY TURN OFF LOW POWER MODE*
it worked with me. Doesn't have to do with software or anything

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Live photo's work on my lock screen, but not on my home screen. I'm running iOS 9.3 beta 5, so I figured it was just an issue with the beta.

Have you tried toggling "reduce motion" off in Accessibility? That's worked for some. I don't have any issues with it. I assume you mean in the photos app.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried toggling "reduce motion" off in Accessibility? That's worked for some. I don't have any issues with it. I assume you mean in the photos app.

Thanks for offering to help!

Reduce Motion is already off... but I toggled it on and back off just to check if that would work. It didn't. I'm using the Live wallpapers that came with the 6s (the beta fish and the clouds). It's so odd that the same Live wallpaper works on the lock screen but not the home screen.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Reduce Motion is already off... but I toggled it on and back off just to check if that would work. It didn't. I'm using the Live wallpapers that came with the 6s (the beta fish and the clouds). It's so odd that the same Live wallpaper works on the lock screen but not the home screen.

OK. Yeah those are just for lock screen. I have a thread somewhere I posted the fish. I'll look.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Here you go, enjoy! Lol
Here They Are! Live Wallpapers!
http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=341368

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the first one to Dropbox, then saved it from Dropbox to my camera roll. But when you go in to Settings > Wallpapers it's not there to load for the home screen.

I guess Apple only intended those for live wallpapers, not live photos. I don't see an option to upload it to Dropbox. I did, however, choose the "add to home screen" in Safari, and it created a bookmarklet on my home screen.
b47ba6c887de2b2c3616acaeb8e8670d.jpg

How did you get it to Dropbox?

Last edited:

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes I'm having the same problem. Under the apple wallpaper settings I don't see live. I only see still and Dynanmic

I'm having the same problem. From the pic I could verify that my iphone dont have Live under Apple wallpaper

I discovered that the live wallpapers (forced touch ones like the fish) only work on the lock screen. They've never worked on the home screen. It also depends on which iPhone you have... not all of them support it.

I've also had to get use to the different terms between android and iphone. What Apple calls Dynamic, Android calls Live. A bit confusing if you're coming from Android like me lol.

alelexis

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Whenever I go to set a live wallpaper for my lock screen it doesn't let me choose live on the options. It only has still. I really want to use them, any help?

Do you have power saving mode on? I had the same problem until I turned batter saver off and then it worked.

aseemsehmi

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Hello Guys!

I was facing same issue with version 9.2,
but
after doing reset all setting option, it is working now, and even I can put my clicked Live Photos on Lock screen and home screen also.

I hope this will help.
Cheerz!

snapesays

May 29, 2016
Visit site

try offing ur Low battery mode.. it didn't work for me at first but it worked after I turned that off!!