Live Wallpapers not working.

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
On my phone, I can set apple's live wallpapers and they work when I press on them. But when I do the same for my own Live Photos, when I set them for my wallpaper, they don't actually move when I press.

So apple's live wallpapers work, my Live Photos don't

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Is low power mode enabled?

Sent from my iPhone 6S plus in Rose Gold using Tapatalk

It was but even when I disable it, it still doesn't work .

And btw, it was working yesterday and I had low power mode enabled yesterday so that's not a problem.

The live wallpapers work when I preview them, but not when I set them

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
It's because you need to press the image to get it moving with your finger. Apple didn't put it in dynamic something stupid I guess to demonstrate the use of 3D Touch

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Yeah, that doesn't do anything, either...It's like the music player being stuck on "shuffle"...it doesn't affect everyone, just enough to be all over the internets.

alanjr20

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
found the fix.. Live wallpaper doesn't work on low power mode. Turn off low power mode then set your live Walpaper once again and it should work

dominion1

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Mine doesn't work either. I was going to start a thread before I saw this one. Wonder what the heck is going on? Seems to maybe be widespread? If so, I wonder if the next update will address it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sofi7

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Yup. Just got my new iPhone today, updated it to latest version, no powersaving mode active, have reset settings & watched phone restart - STILL no "live" aspect to the "Live" wallpapers, and all three settings were accessible.

Hope they fix this soon - the effect on the display models at the VW store looked great. Sucks it's not working!

ndubey

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
whenever i go to set a live wallpaper for my lock screen it doesn't let me choose live on the options. It only has still. I really want to use them, any help?

Sent from my 64gb space grey iphone 6s.

just a heads up- live wallpapers do not work when low power mode is on

Anna Yu2

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me too. I changed the wallpaper to a regular one, and then I went back and changed it to a live one again and it started working. I hope this helps. It must be some software glitch. Also, mine does work in low power mode as well

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm genuinely shocked how incompetently Apple handled this feature. I mean, seriously, if we have to hold down on it what's the point? We'd like to see it move whenever we wake the phone, not have to go out of our way to press down on the screen before unlocking. If we didn't want to see it move on its own.. Get this... We'd use a static wallpaper!
My thoughts exactly. I guess I was thinking it would work like the live wallpapers do in android. I mean what else would you think "live" meant anyway? If you have to hold down on the screen it's a pointless feature. Please correct me if I'm wrong....

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My thoughts exactly. I guess I was thinking it would work like the live wallpapers do in android. I mean what else would you think "live" meant anyway? If you have to hold down on the screen it's a pointless feature. Please correct me if I'm wrong....

I agree. I tried the live wallpaper for a minute just to see how it worked and was immediately over it. I'm sure that Apple's main concerns are battery life and performance so they require the user to press and hold on the lockscreen. There isn't any value for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I knew from day one what live wallpapers would be like. I knew that using live photos for live wallpapers woukd need a press with the finger. They never said otherwise. If you don't like using it, then don't. I don't use them. I prefer regular wallpapers I make or find. But if I create a good live photo, I'll use it. Kids like it.

Note: If you edit or change the live photo in any way, it won't work.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
On my phone, I can set apple's live wallpapers and they work when I press on them. But when I do the same for my own Live Photos, when I set them for my wallpaper, they don't actually move when I press.

So apple's live wallpapers work, my Live Photos don't

May work best with portrait style photos. Be sure it's turned on in your camera.
3b70ee175e770410777fcb24afbcf478.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711