Love the 6s,,,,HATE THE BATTERY LIFE !!!!!!,,,,, any fixes ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha I know right! I could barely do that when I was only studying so I totally forgot that idea when I found a job in the meantime =P
But hey, we had electricity so I could still charge my phone!

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
Oh hey when I was in graduate school it took me HOURS to do my reading and writing. Hanging out was nonexistent.

It was different in high school. I didn't open a book.

gkl

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Coming in as a 10 year BB user, this battery discussion is amazing to me.

I have been using a Z10 for 2.5 years now (which most BB users agree has the worst battery life of the 10 gen devices) and I get 10 hours on a bad day.

I regularly get 12 to 16 on a full charge with all the social accounts, 4 email accounts (2 using push), and a bunch of Android apps running on a regular basis.

Now, I now I'm going to get the usual "Then stay with BB!" flame assault, but they are going full Android and I can't be OK with that.

I'm trying do my home work and see which device is my best option. The 6S+ is appealing because of the larger battery, but I was hoping for something more pocket-able. But, the battery on the 6S looks like a deal breaker. I don't think it acceptable to have to charge 2-3 times a day to get through a big day. Also, buying a cable to stash at every potential stop throughout my day seems silly. That's something like $50-100 in cables!

This transition is going to be rougher than I thought...

EricandSuebee

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a heavy user at all, but I would say I'm a heavy moderate user and I can go the entire day on 1 charge, do not read into any of these people complaining about battery life on the 6s, even if I was a heavy user I would still get a full charge out of the day as it stands now when I put it back on the charger at night I've got 60% left and that's at 11:15pm at night I could go hours more. If you can't see that's a very decent battery, don't know what to show/tell you.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a 6s, but I did have a 6. The battery life was okay, but definitely not great compared to a lot of the bigger phones out there (6 plus included). If you are definitely opposed to having a larger phone, I would recommend getting a battery case for your 6s. I had a Supcase Beetle Power case for my iPhone 6, which I used on those days that I knew would be especially long. Another tip would be to get an iPad charger, which will charge your iPhone much faster than the standard iPhone charging brick.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Coming in as a 10 year BB user, this battery discussion is amazing to me.

I have been using a Z10 for 2.5 years now (which most BB users agree has the worst battery life of the 10 gen devices) and I get 10 hours on a bad day.

I regularly get 12 to 16 on a full charge with all the social accounts, 4 email accounts (2 using push), and a bunch of Android apps running on a regular basis.

Now, I now I'm going to get the usual "Then stay with BB!" flame assault, but they are going full Android and I can't be OK with that.

I'm trying do my home work and see which device is my best option. The 6S+ is appealing because of the larger battery, but I was hoping for something more pocket-able. But, the battery on the 6S looks like a deal breaker. I don't think it acceptable to have to charge 2-3 times a day to get through a big day. Also, buying a cable to stash at every potential stop throughout my day seems silly. That's something like $50-100 in cables!

This transition is going to be rougher than I thought...

The 6s isn't a bad choice but you can't expect super long battery life from a device with a 17-1800 mAh battery. For the size j feel like I get decent life....not as good as my 6s plus but it's not bad. Since I still have 53% battery left, I should get about 8+ hours today. I don't think that's bad considering i took it off the charger before 0500 PT.

b851bd66fee1033328fa685fc56385b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
iMoreAppImg_20151002_211430.jpg

Finally had a chance to really test the battery life. I have a bad habit of plugging in my phone as soon as I get home or in the car. Today, none of that.

Phones been off the plug since 230AM, in use since 730AM and had about 15 mins of HotSpot usage around 12 and another 30 mins around 7. Also, very heavy usage the past hour.

All in all, I'd say the battery life is amazing. A solid days use, with still some battery life left.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
This is like "I got a stick shift car but manual transmissions are new to me so this car is crap".

Manage your battery, take the tips people gave you. And you make it sound like you live/work/study in a grotto where there are no power outlets anywhere, haha! Come on =P

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

What tips? Don't need any nor asked for any

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
What tips? Don't need any nor asked for any

You know, that's right you didn't ask for tips. You only came in to this thread like you do in nearly every thread to argue on some point. In this thread, you would have us believe that as a working student you go from 9 am to 3 am with zero access to any power outlet source. In New York. Not the middle of the desert in California, in New York. The middle of the financial, entertainment, fashion capital of the US. All to pick a fight with Finn. And to say that Apple is irresponsible for selling a phone that does not meet that lifestyle.

I call the whole statement bogus. Because all I see from your posts is a history of jumping in and complaining on anything that would be positive for Apple or its products, from customer service when you complained about the New York fares and the time spent traveling to an Apple Store, to your current complaint about battery life on some premise of some extra long day that is simply fantastical.

So no. You didn't ask for tips. Or help. You same in as you do in nearly every thread to disrupt and argue and derail. Hhhhhhmmmm.....I wonder what that would be called on online forums.....

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
You know, that's right you didn't ask for tips. You only came in to this thread like you do in nearly every thread to argue on some point. In this thread, you would have us believe that as a working student you go from 9 am to 3 am with zero access to any power outlet source. In New York. Not the middle of the desert in California, in New York. The middle of the financial, entertainment, fashion capital of the US. All to pick a fight with Finn. And to say that Apple is irresponsible for selling a phone that does not meet that lifestyle.

I call the whole statement bogus. Because all I see from your posts is a history of jumping in and complaining on anything that would be positive for Apple or its products, from customer service when you complained about the New York fares and the time spent traveling to an Apple Store, to your current complaint about battery life on some premise of some extra long day that is simply fantastical.

So no. You didn't ask for tips. Or help. You same in as you do in nearly every thread to disrupt and argue and derail. Hhhhhhmmmm.....I wonder what that would be called on online forums.....

Nail on the head. Does this person think we haven't seen them pretty much all over Mobile Nations? Arguing just for the sake of arguing.

When does becoming a professional troll start to get old? Can we retire this ridiculous game of grousing for self fulfillment? *Sighs*

Lil, I'm thinking a tiger can't change its stripes....

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Because there is outlets around and about in NYC? I can take pics of these imaginary outlets all outside in NYC if you want. I work during weekends and have no outlets there nor do I at school unless I want to sit at the back of the class.

Apple wants to make these phones thinner rather then give adequate battery life. I mean it's seemingly fine for Apple to give a smaller battery but if Samsung does with its Note 5 we go down their throats about it? Makes perfect sense right there. The iPhone 6s should have at least a 2,000 mah battery and the 6s plus should have a 3,000 mah battery. The battery on the plus is adequate enough for my taste but I rather have a slightly thicker phone with a bigger battery....

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
If you want a thicker iPhone with a bigger battery, slap a Mophie on it, and you'll have exactly what you want.
I've never said anything for or against the size of the battery in a Note phone. I neither know nor care what size battery it has. But if it's battery capacity would work better for you, why don't you switch to it.
And you just admitted that you do have access to power in class, you just choose not to use it. And NYC has a Starbucks on nearly every corner. Surely you could pop into one of those to add power.

I'm talking about 05-1 inch thicker not mophie sized thicker...which I already do own one but hardly use it since it's charge is also so slow being a 1 amp charger.

I choose to pay attention in class vs being in the back of it and can't see the board to charge my phone. I also rather not waste my time in Starbucks solely to charge my phone specially when it's packed.

And I never said anybody here slams the note 5....just go read any review of it or first impression of the phone.... The note 4 had a 3300 mah battery and the note 5 has a 3000 mah battery. People slammed Samsung for that move yet Apple does the same thing and it's seemingly fine?

IPhone has better battery life then Android but it still could be better....

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Because there is outlets around and about in NYC? I can take pics of these imaginary outlets all outside in NYC if you want. I work during weekends and have no outlets there nor do I at school unless I want to sit at the back of the class.

Apple wants to make these phones thinner rather then give adequate battery life. I mean it's seemingly fine for Apple to give a smaller battery but if Samsung does with its Note 5 we go down their throats about it? Makes perfect sense right there. The iPhone 6s should have at least a 2,000 mah battery and the 6s plus should have a 3,000 mah battery. The battery on the plus is adequate enough for my taste but I rather have a slightly thicker phone with a bigger battery....

I go to NY regularly.

Cafes, train station columns, restaurants, office buildings. Really?!??! I have NO PROBLEM finding outlets when I travel in and out of NY. Even the Acela trains have outlets. I found outlets outside the Long Island stations that I used for my work laptop. So STOP with the OMG-NY-HAS-NO-OUTLETS nonsense. You may live there but I go there all the time and travel in and out to Penn and then on to offices in the other boroughs like Brooklyn and Queens and even out to Long Island.

Come on. Quit the dramatic drama.

Oh so now we bring in the fact that you want to sit in the back of the class. So you choose to sit where there are no outlets. Because trust me, there are outlets in schools.

And by the way I care not one iota about the size of the battery of the Note 5, I passed on it because it hasn't got a user replaceable battery and FOR ME that is a step down.

ADEQUATE is a relative term. My idea of adequate is a phone that carries me through an entire work day. Which the iPhone 6 did. And if it didn't I would buy a battery pack.

So honestly these are your hypothetical attention seeking fantastical constructs to again complain about Apple products.

Here is a novel idea....if it doesn't work for you DO NOT BUY IT. JUST like I did not buy the Note 5. JUST like I won't buy a BlackBerry Privy. JUST like I passed on the Moto offerings. JUST like I passed on the SGS6. Because I don't want them.

What would be ridiculous is for me to plunk down 800 bucks on the Note 5 KNOWING the specs KNOWING they wouldn't work for me then spend time on the Note 5 forum bemoaning the specs that I already KNEW yet bought the phone anyway.

So....point blank....WHAT is your agenda. Here is my theory.....you like to stir pots. You like the sound of your own voice. You feel that you know better than anyone else about every little subject. You feel an imperative to look down your nose and appear superior to those who gather to discuss something they love by demeaning it.

So.....point blank. What is your agenda.

And Darrick and John.....please forgive my bluntness. But *ENOUGH* of this dramatic drama Joan Crawford drama queen nonsense.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I go to NY regularly.

Cafes, train station columns, restaurants, office buildings. Really?!??! I have NO PROBLEM finding outlets when I travel in and out of NY. Even the Acela trains have outlets. I found outlets outside the Long Island stations that I used for my work laptop. So STOP with the OMG-NY-HAS-NO-OUTLETS nonsense. You may live there but I go there all the time and travel in and out to Penn and then on to offices in the other boroughs like Brooklyn and Queens and even out to Long Island.

Come on. Quit the dramatic drama.

Oh so now we bring in the fact that you want to sit in the back of the class. So you choose to sit where there are no outlets. Because trust me, there are outlets in schools.

And by the way I care not one iota about the size of the battery of the Note 5, I passed on it because it hasn't got a user replaceable battery and FOR ME that is a step down.

ADEQUATE is a relative term. My idea of adequate is a phone that carries me through an entire work day. Which the iPhone 6 did. And if it didn't I would buy a battery pack.

So honestly these are your hypothetical attention seeking fantastical constructs to again complain about Apple products.

Here is a novel idea....if it doesn't work for you DO NOT BUY IT. JUST like I did not buy the Note 5. JUST like I won't buy a BlackBerry Privy. JUST like I passed on the Moto offerings. JUST like I passed on the SGS6. Because I don't want them.

What would be ridiculous is for me to plunk down 800 bucks on the Note 5 KNOWING the specs KNOWING they wouldn't work for me then spend time on the Note 5 forum bemoaning the specs that I already KNEW yet bought the phone anyway.

So....point blank....WHAT is your agenda. Here is my theory.....you like to stir pots. You like the sound of your own voice. You feel that you know better than anyone else about every little subject. You feel an imperative to look down your nose and appear superior to those who gather to discuss something they love by demeaning it.

So.....point blank. What is your agenda.

And Darrick and John.....please forgive my bluntness. But *ENOUGH* of this dramatic drama Joan Crawford drama queen nonsense.

Cafes? Have like 2 and their for hipsters so I don't go there, Starbucks? Closest one is like 15 blocks away from where I live and about 60 from where I work. Subway stations? They have none in Brooklyn. Restaurants once again no restaurant I go to have any publicly available outlets. Office buildings? None publicly available that I've seen nor do I spend my time near them anyways

Apple forsakes battery life for the sake of being thinner. If they added 0.5 inches for a bigger battery would people even care? Doubt it

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Cafes? Have like 2 and their for hipsters so I don't go there, Starbucks? Closest one is like 15 blocks away from where I live and about 60 from where I work. Subway stations? They have none in Brooklyn. Restaurants once again no restaurant I go to have any publicly available outlets. Office buildings? None publicly available that I've seen nor do I spend my time near them anyways

So you CHOOSE to avoid places with outlets because you don't like hipsters. YOUR CHOICE to avoid outlets.

Starbucks is 15 blocks away, one Mwteo stop way from your house.....two available sources of outlets.

NO SUBWAY STATIONS IN BROOKLYN.??!
039b5619a7036fdd3cad697db7010604.jpg

Again you CHOOSE not to visit restaurants with outlets because I KNOW they are there because I USE THEM.

Office buildings??? EVERY. SINGLE. LOBBY.

SO....WHAT is your agenda?????

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
So you CHOOSE to avoid places with outlets because you don't like hipsters. YOUR CHOICE to avoid outlets.

Starbucks is 15 blocks away, one Mwteo stop way from your house.....two available sources of outlets.

NO SUBWAY STATIONS IN BROOKLYN.??!
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/03/039b5619a7036fdd3cad697db7010604.jpg

Again you CHOOSE not to visit restaurants with outlets because I KNOW they are there because I USE THEM.

Office buildings??? EVERY. SINGLE. LOBBY.

SO....WHAT is your agenda?????

No subway stops with outlets....I can take pictures of these imaginary outlets for you if you want. And the restaurants I go with the exception of shake shack doesn't have outlets.

And as for office buildings I'm never in one to tell you

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
No subway stops with outlets....I can take pictures of these imaginary outlets for you if you want. And the restaurants I go with the exception of shake shack doesn't have outlets.

And as for office buildings I'm never in one to tell you

I have YET to see ANY subway system with no outlet.
DC, NY, SF, LA. ALL have them in the columns or near the entrances. I SEE people plugged in. ALL. THE. TIME.

So you ONLY go to ONE restaurant in the whole of the Big Apple?!! REALLY?!?? In ANY given block in ANY of the boroughs there are NUMEROUS restaurants. The OPTION to visit another exists. You CHOOSE not to take it.

EVERY OFFICE BUILDING LOBBY has outlets. Duck into one and plug in if needed.

So....what is your agenda???

Status
Not open for further replies.