Love the 6s,,,,HATE THE BATTERY LIFE !!!!!!,,,,, any fixes ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
This was the last day I used my iPhone 6.
33a3fe45e5c3670468e30529fe149daa.jpg

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Just for grins this is my iPhone 6s Plus today.
I unplugged when I left the car at the Metro. Was on it the whole 45 minutes on the Metro, in between stations and in the tunnels, which is murder on the phone because of the signal loss.
37268e938af764dc09e3b4e508cb3974.jpg
b0e03ee7becbface2634ee8f0a2148d3.jpg

And this is what I have left coming out of the Metro. On the way home in the afternoon.
1327a2d2fee47dd53c736c20fd331348.jpg
9e900d1a887f7b6f3a4388a04f55f831.jpg

Last edited:

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a cord in one of the kitchen/dining/living room outlets, one in my office and one in the bedroom.
Plus, a car charger AND I have a portable battery at all time in my purse.
I am equipped for "Oh snap!!" situations, haha! Just in case =P

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yup. I managed a full year with an iPhone 6 just fine, no pain, no disasters, no need for juice packs.
And I consistently had a full work day's worth of juice. My full day is 16 hours.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Having a Mophie or a portable battery are good tools for battery management.
Folks manage electricity in their home by turning off this or that running the AC at certain times. What's the problem with power management for a mobile device. I don't get it.
I'll say it for the 500th time. Work the technology don't let it work you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't battery stats show where that juice go? Have noticed that battery stats doesn't show from " last time charged" as it does on android.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Maybe Finn and I are the oddballs/privileged here, but I can't think of any jobs where commuting + job takes from 6am - 10pm (16 hours) and that job + commuting is never near an outlet.
Most people (in the US at least) that have long commutes do so by car at least part of the way and so should have an opportunity to charge.
There are certainly people who have jobs that may not have charging available (construction, nurses, retail to name a few) but in those cases should probably not be using the phone on the job so the battery should not run down if they aren't using it or only using it during breaks/lunch especially if they turn off unnecessary things like background Facebook updates while they can't use the device or turn off wifi if it's not available at their job.
So even a middling-worst example should have plenty of battery time. Take a nurse with a 1 hour public transit commute (can't charge) who works a 12 hour shift (so 14 hours between leaving home and returning). Let's be generous and give him/her a 1 hour lunch and 2 30 minutes breaks and he/she spends the complete break time using the phone rather than eating, using the restroom, etc. So that would be a total of 4 hours of use (2 commuting, 2 on breaks or lunch). Even if that person were playing a battery sucking game for some of that time, 4 hours of use should not deplete the battery even if there are 2 additional hours of background use (which sounds ridiculously high). And then this hypothetical person is home at 8pm and this should have access to power at that point although they should still have plenty of juice to last until 10pm if they wanted.
So what is your hypothetical use scenario where someone has no access to a charger all day and also works at a job where they have to/have the opportunity to use a personal cell phone for enough hours to deplete the battery?

NYC subways have zero outlets and my job doesn't have outlets. Plus my commute to school is around 2 hours one way and depending on when you get to school there is no outlets. I also hang out with friends after work so I won't be home until 2-3 AM so yes I am out between 9 AM and even later around 2-3 AM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
It does. But I'm just stating his statement is wrong. Not everybody is near an outlet 24/7

Amazon.com: Anker 2nd Gen Astro 6400mAh External Battery Pack with PowerIQ Technology 2A Output Portable USB Charger Power Bank for Smart Devices (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Get one of these. It supplies 2A of current so you can gain a lot of charge in just a short period.

I'm with Finn, I don't see why it is seemingly frowned upon to charge your phone throughout the day. If you have a computer at work then there is an outlet nearby or a USB port on that computer that you can charge. Or like I posted above, buy a portable battery you can keep connected to your phone while you commute or something.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
NYC subways have zero outlets and my job doesn't have outlets. Plus my commute to school is around 2 hours one way and depending on when you get to school there is no outlets. I also hang out with friends after work so I won't be home until 2-3 AM so yes I am out between 9 AM and even later around 2-3 AM

Your expectations are surreal. Get an external battery pack/case...

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Amazon.com: Anker 2nd Gen Astro 6400mAh External Battery Pack with PowerIQ Technology 2A Output Portable USB Charger Power Bank for Smart Devices (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Get one of these. It supplies 2A of current so you can gain a lot of charge in just a short period.

I'm with Finn, I don't see why it is seemingly frowned upon to charge your phone throughout the day. If you have a computer at work then there is an outlet nearby or a USB port on that computer that you can charge. Or like I posted above, buy a portable battery you can keep connected to your phone while you commute or something.

I don't work with computers and as I said I don't have any outlets near me. As far as battery packs goes it's just one more thing to charge and hold on my pockets which is my wallet, keys, Bluetooth earphones and my phone already. I bring one to school but it takes forever to charge being a 13,000 mah battery pack

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't work with computers and as I said I don't have any outlets near me. As far as battery packs goes it's just one more thing to charge and hold on my pockets which is my wallet, keys, Bluetooth earphones and my phone already. I bring one to school but it takes forever to charge being a 13,000 mah battery pack

You say you're in school. Do you take a backpack for all your books, notebooks, pens, etc? Keep the battery pack in there. Charge your phone while you're in class or at work. You'll then have plenty of juice to take you through the evening.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Having charger cases portable batteries and multi port chargers are essential for travel battery management.

Here's a pic of a dressing room at a Amphitheater in Oakland California that was probably built in the 1920's.
The dressing room had one working outlet that we piggybacked off of.
My buddy had a 4 port USB I had a two port and a portable battery for my iPad 2.
There were 3- 6 Plus's one out of view and one that took the pick my iPad 2 and my Apple Watch.
Not having these tools (multi port chargers) would be a disaster because I use the iPad to read music and the 6 Plus for the set list.
So if you have unusually long days be prepared. I can never have enough chargers or cables. I bought a Apple Watch cable that stays in my roller suitcase.

18d54cfd12950ee7f73a46d13b17bca3.jpg

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
WHY HAS NOBODY MENTIONED LOW POWER MODE????? ;)

in all seriousness, i see the OPs side of things as well as others that are trying to help

due to my battery life OCD i feel compelled to return mine and go back to the 6 or get a 6s+ now

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

So you have between 3 am and 9 am to study, sleep, and shower before you go out again at 9 am and not come home until 3 am and during this entire time you're completely unable to charge your phone and will not carry a battery pack.

With these hours why would you consider a phone with a sealed battery?

I'm amazed a student can work and go to school and hang out with friends until 3 am.

Allowing for one hour of study and 15 minutes to shower and another 15 to brush teeth and dress and eat breakfast that leaves four and a half hours of sleep. You must consume gallons of Red Bull.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe If someone has battery life OCD this is something else that must be managed by the individual and not by Apple or any other mobile device manufacturer.
I hear that a lot on the forums OCD this OCD that. I'm not making light of it but people need to be responsible for and address these OCD issues with some type of behavior therapy not constantly returning iPhone's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice