My iPhone 6s is stuck in iCloud backup restoration yet appears fully restored, what should I do?

rjmdrum

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
IPhone 6s stuck in icloud backup restoration yet appears fully restored

Hi
I have seen similar threads here.
I am unable to upgrade to iOS 9.1 because I get a message stating "you can install this update when your iPhone is finished restoring from Icloud backup"
However I already seem to be fully restored. There are no apps still waiting for restoration. Everything is there and operational.
I've tried rebooting etc but hasn't cleared in 2 days. The restoration process had come form iCloud and not iTunes. All apps from app store have been checked ad well.
This icloud restoration issue seems to be common but so far none of the proposed situations have worked for my situation.
Regards
RJM

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: IPhone 6s stuck in icloud backup restoration yet appears fully restored

Have you tried ...
Settings > iCloud > Backup > Stop Restoring

mamuwaldie

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

After the initial restoration on Friday night, my phone have been in restoration mode since Saturday. It's still loading apps and photos at a very slow pace.😞. The apps that I care about are already loaded, so I will probable stop it tonight, so I can activate and leave the house with my new phone tomorrow when I go to work. From what I understand it will resume once you're connected to wifi again. In your case, you might have to stop the restoration, update and restore from the last back up. Might be better to make sure it's all done before you update if you don't mind the wait.

trifster

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

SwitchBeach thanks for this simple fix. This was an issue for me on iOS 11 developer beta 6!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice