3D Touch messages.App Contact display

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to set who comes up when using 3D touch on messages application? People who I hardly even text show up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: 3D Touch messages..

I had the same thought and looked all over the settings but couldn't find anything. I feel strongly that Apple will implement something like that, though.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I think it all depends on the last 3 people you messaged. It goes in that order.

It doesn't appear to have any rhyme or reason. Of the 3 people in my list, only 1 is a person that I've texted with in the last 4 days. I've texted with about 10 people more recently than the other two.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

Two of the people showing up on mine I haven't texted in months..

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
3D Touch messages..

Just checked mine and they seem to be the last 3 contacts I received texts from, rather than those I actually texted.

Edit: just noticed that all 3 of them are also non-iPhone users.

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

First 3 contacts on favorites?

Nope... 2 of the 3 are in my Phone app Favorites, but both near the bottom of the list.

And 2 of the 3 (not the same 2 as above) are in a recent group chat, but neither have texted to that group chat in over a week...

Very, very odd algorithm that they're using.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

I received a couple texts and then they changed.. Hmm still can't quite figure out exactly how it works.. Wonder if it's meant for replys

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Is there a way to set who comes up when using 3D touch on messages application? People who I hardly even text show up

I just heard Rene talk about how Apple populates the "who" on the Messages peek. He said that Apple uses an algorithm to determine things like your most recent text participants, your location and even time of day. The example that he used was that you always text your spouse at a specific time, Apple tries to make sure that if you peek on the Messages app at that time, that you spouse is in the list. Similarly, if you tend to text a friend from the local coffee shop in the afternoon, that it tries to make that person available when those factors are back in play.

Sounds like pretty advanced stuff, and brings Arthur C Clark's 3rd law to mind: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".

Mark Hall3

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Bet Apple adds a setting , giving users the power to choose what they want to see via 3D Touch on all applicable apps! Just wonder when 3rd party apps is going to join the 3D party??

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

Bet Apple adds a setting , giving users the power to choose what they want to see via 3D Touch on all applicable apps! Just wonder when 3rd party apps is going to join the 3D party??

Some third party apps already have it tweeting a does

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR