Screen protector or not?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I always have a screen protector, so I can get maximum resale value on my phone in pristine condition

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I used to do the same thing until I changed carriers to T-Mobile. Now with the Jump Program, I no longer sell my smartphones. Just take it in to T-Mobile and walk out with a newer smartphone. So it isn't as important to me that my device is in pristine condition.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Took mine out of the box and immediately after removing the plastic shield I put my tempered glass one on. Never use a phone without one. It's a $3 way to preserve the look of my phone. Seems silly not to.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
First thing I do is put a screen protector on my phone. I have one waiting when the phone arrives, as soon as I remove the protective plastic I don't even touch the glass at all I install the screen protector. I even put one on the back of phone and let them sit for a few hours. I then put it in a very minimal case. I very anal about my phones. I have way too many and most I never even use. They look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I think they are more a hassle than they are worth. They definitely do their job, but I hate messing with them in general.

There is definitely a modicum of anxiety I feel when dealing with them, just because they can be really expensive and I want them to be installed perfectly and I know that if there is just the slightest imperfection in the installation, I will notice it and focus on it incessantly.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
There is definitely a modicum of anxiety I feel when dealing with them, just because they can be really expensive and I want them to be installed perfectly and I know that if there is just the slightest imperfection in the installation, I will notice it and focus on it incessantly.

This is me too and after about 3 types of phones and 6 or 7 protectors I have just given up.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
This is me too and after about 3 types of phones and 6 or 7 protectors I have just given up.

I don't blame you. And you really don't need one. My daughter has an iPad Mini. She is 7 and she doesn't have a screen protector on it just a Speck Grip case. She has dropped it numerous times and I can't tell you what else she has done to it. The screen has very light scratches that you can't see unless you are really looking for them. And she does not make an effort to take care of it. So an adult who takes care of their electronics shouldn't worry too much. Especially if you have been able to get along this long without one.

sabre1106

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
For those looking for an edge to edge screen protector, take a look at Cinder.
I can't post links yet so just google Cinder iphone 6s or on amazon. I believe they are out of stock at the moment but are getting more in.

I got one the other day and it is the best looking one out there. Can't tell there is even one on there.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Screen protectors ruin the feel and display in my opinion. I dropped my 6 without a case or screen protector numerous times to my smooth concrete floor at work. It had even skidded across the floor on the screen on a couple occasions and not a crack to be seen. It did accumulate some very light hairline scratches over the year I had it, but I think the phone aged beautifully.

Why sacrifice the beautiful display quality for a piece of plastic (or even glass) going across the display? Its just something else that light has to pass through. The 6s has insanely hard glass so I don't think you should be paranoid. I tried a screen protector for a day and found myself ripping it off before 24 hours had even passed. Most of the time I even go naked with my devices.

Juan Urban

Banned
Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I vote yes put one. Just think of it as extra security.
I just recently put a Zagg Glass screen protector on my wife's phone and it is very nice. You really don't even notice it. And doesn't interfer with the case.
Also they offer a lifetime warranty.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Attachments

• 344.jpg
    344.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 50

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I vote yes put one. Just think of it as extra security.
I just recently put a Zagg Glass screen protector on my wife's phone and it is very nice. You really don't even notice it. And doesn't interfer with the case.
Also they offer a lifetime warranty.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

I'd even recommend hitting eBay. I paid $4 for my tempered glass protector. Equal protection to the zagg for a fraction of the cost. Don't even know it's there. There's really no reason not to when the price is less than a fast food meal.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I had Verizon store install brand they carry. For some reason the sides did not stick. I read on several forums sites etc some people have had issues with certain brands so know just isn't me. Bummed out cus I suc putting them on so I need go some place would put glass one on

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Definitely a screen protector.
6s' screens are a lot tougher but not invicible so I do not want to push my luck. Tempered glass protectors never failed me!

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Definitely a screen protector.
6s' screens are a lot tougher but not invicible so I do not want to push my luck. Tempered glass protectors never failed me!

Did you have any problems like I described ? I dunno if it was Verizon employee but I seen other threads etc on other forums one I bought cost 32$ so I'm kinda not sure till see some labeled just 6s I'm thinking bout just getting griffin survivor summit

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Did you have any problems like I described ? I dunno if it was Verizon employee but I seen other threads etc on other forums one I bought cost 32$ so I'm kinda not sure till see some labeled just 6s I'm thinking bout just getting griffin survivor summit

No problems at all =P

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
What's good brand get? One I had Verizon put on was something with q qmadix or something. All around edges it like stuck up little like I'd press it down and it just come right back up 32$ looked like garbage and not sticking I returned it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner