Storage size

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I bought my wife and I 128gb iPhone 6s. We have babies and an older kid and take a ton of pics and videos. I also like to randomly look at older pics or show somebody something I took a picture of a while back. Plus I don't want to have to buy a new phone soon so trying to get a good value with my purchase. One more thing, I do not want to be tied to the cloud! I want my music and apps and whatever on my device so it's there even when I have little or no signal. I do travel all over town and the country so I may have a good signal today and nothing tomorrow. Plus it's available and I want it😀

joe_m_p

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I picked up the 64 GB. I like to download a bunch of tv episodes and movies at a time and watch them at work so 16 GB wouldn't do it for me.

mustang7757

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I got my wife the 16gb , i feel that if you put your pictures on the phone iCloud can only save 5gb free so you end up going to different cloud storage like google drive or Dropbox , if you download a lot of apps or games then definitely go bigger but if it's just pictures don't you want them in bigger storage cloud in case something happens to your phone.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I went with the 128GB 6s Plus this time around. I had a 64GB 6 Plus and ran into storage issues, mostly because of movies and shows (I have two kids and like to keep a healthy amount of entertainment on there for when we travel). The extra $100 was worth it to me. I don't want to have to worry about managing my storage.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
"It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have"...Go BIG or stay home. This works for ME. I purchased the 128gb Space Gray 6 Plus and 6s Plus, so I wouldn't have to worry about "managing" space. I'm able to keep past, present and future "stuff" on my device so when I need/want ...It's there without the hassle of going to get it. Modern technology is AWESOME.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
"It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have"...Go BIG or stay home. This works for ME. I purchased the 128gb Space Gray 6 Plus and 6s Plus, so I wouldn't have to worry about "managing" space. I'm able to keep past, present and future "stuff" on my device so when I need/want ...It's there without the hassle of going to get it. Modern technology is AWESOME.

That's fine and dandy as your opinion but there's no reason to bash others for there choosing. I couldn't afford anything more then 16 on contract so I shouldn't of had a iPhone ? I can't count high enough to add all people who made fun of me on here. People on here need chill out leave others alone for what they chose.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That's fine and dandy as your opinion but there's no reason to bash others for there choosing. I couldn't afford anything more then 16 on contract so I shouldn't of had a iPhone ? I can't count high enough to add all people who made fun of me on here. People on here need chill out leave others alone for what they chose.

Wait a minute...SLOW DOWN....I didn't bash anyone. and watch youself...PERIOD!!! Read MY post before jumping to conclusions....ENOUGH said.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Wait a minute...SLOW DOWN....I didn't bash anyone. and watch youself...PERIOD!!! Read MY post before jumping to conclusions....ENOUGH said.

I didn't say YOU lol if I was saying anyone specific I would mention names sorry if you took it that way I didn't mean YOU sorry spencer and as far as the other part I meant it as a question like saying so I couldn't afford biggest one I shouldn't of had one ? Was kinda a question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm still on the fence about what my next phone is going to be. (Trying to decide between an iPhone 6S Plus, or the Microsoft 950XL) If I go with the iPhone, I'll definitely get the 128GB model. I have an iPad Air 2 with 64GB that I've had for about a year now. It didn't take long to fill up that 64GB with apps and games. Right now, I hover at about 2-3 GB free on it, sometimes having to remove an unused app or game to be able to get something new. Another thing is, I don't store ANY music or movies on my iPad at all.. It's all apps and games. With my phone though, I would have my music on it.. So the 128GB would come in handy.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
16gb will suck you off. Get 32gb or 64gb as standard

32gb? Good luck finding one of those!

I had a 16gb 5s for 2 years, and for the most part that was sufficient for me, although towards the end I did start to get paranoid as I dropped to around the 1gb free mark.

32gb would have been perfect for me on a 6s, but of course I had to go 64gb which is a little excessive for my needs. At least now I don't find myself constantly checking and worrying about remaining free storage, in fact I can't remember the last time I looked... which is nice.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I ended up getting the 128GB simply because it was the only one available at T-Mobile, but I would have been perfectly happy with 64GB. Having the 128 has made me less worrisome about taking pictures and video though.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I started out with an 8 gb iPhone 4. Then to the 16 gb iPhone 5. Now I have the 64 gb iPhone 6s Plus. I've had no problems with any size. I was getting there with that 8 gb 4 though. LOL

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I got the 128gb this time. I have a 20gb shared plan on Verizon, and spend a lot of time on the road at work, so I needed to be able to store a ton of music and podcasts.

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I grabbed the 128GB because...well because I wanted to. Started using the camera more and the 4K video seems like it will take up a gang of storage.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I grabbed the 128GB because...well because I wanted to. Started using the camera more and the 4K video seems like it will take up a gang of storage.

Way too much storage. Even 128 is not enough for storing 4k videos. Even the 1080p take a lot of space. 720p is best for most everyday videos. I shot 5 four minute videos using 1080p, and it took 3 gb of space. 4k woukd be twice that. I uploaded to YouTube and deleted off my camera roll.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro