Your experience with your carrier...

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
So it looks like Apple is doing very well at keeping up with demand. By this time on previous releases, shipping dates would have slipped well into October, but a lot of models still show as 9/25. This also seems to apply with carriers, with Verizon still showing 9/25 for most, as well as my own carrier T-Mobile.

With that being said, how reliable do you guys think those dates are? I had originally reserved my iPhone for in store pick-up on 9/25 at 5PM, but T-Mobile hit me up with a sweet deal I couldn't pass up. $0 down, $20 a month and I could upgrade next year. My original plan was to sell my unlocked iPhone 6 the day before and then use that cash to buy the 6s full price at Apple, but this keeps those $100 bills in my pocket.

T-Mobile still shows "ships by 9/25" and the rep also stated I should have it on 9/25. How has everyone else's experience been in these scenarios? This is the first year EVER that I have had to pre-order, as the past few years (dating back to the iPhone 4) I have worked in the wireless sector which = iPhone 2-4 days earlier than everyone else.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
AT&T pre orders are still getting October dates :/ This is my first time waiting out the pre order. I pre ordered last year but didn't want to wait past September so I went with a 6 and cancelled my pre order for the 6 plus. But I really regretted not going for the plus so I'm gonna wait it out this year & see when I'll actually get it

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my rose gold iPhone and it was back ordered. The girl still said it should ship by the 25th and they gave me free overnight shipping. My carrier is T-Mobile as well.

Shouldn't preorder mean you get it the day of?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
AT&T has never been a great experience for me (iPhone purchases at launch), so I'm only going through Apple now.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
From a Verizon standpoint, every year I have gotten my phone on the day it stated when I ordered. Matter of fact, if Apple didn't have a hold placed so that phones arrived precisely on release day, several times I would have gotten it sooner.

Just an FYI folks, when the time comes and you see that your phone is sitting at the local FedEx or UPS a day or two prior to the 25th and you get overly excited.......no, they will not release it to you. Apple's orders. We see this every year. No need to post about it here at will :)

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I have Sprint. I preordered in store last year and got the call the day before release saying I could pick up my phone on release day. My local store said they are allowed so many direct ship to store for preorders. It was a smooth experience for me so I decided to do the same this year. I was the first to preorder. I was told I'll get a call on the 24th or 25th to come pick up my phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Just pre-ordered my iPhone 6 rose gold 64GB. AT&T's estimated ship date is Oct 2nd thru Oct 9th. I noticed when clicking on the different variations while in the ordering process that the 128GB version was shipping on Sept 25th, also Sept ship date for the 16GB version. The 64GB version was the only one pushed to early October. I haven't pre-ordered before, I went to AT&T last year on launch day, got in line about an hour before they opened, and had no problem getting a regular 6. They were saying well before I reached the front of the line that the 6+ was already out of stock. So the people behind me in line wanting a 6+ were not happy!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My carrier experience was a call to tell Verizon I was buying my phone from Apple this upgrade and could they waive the $40 upgrade fee. She said no, but I may call a different rep.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
My carrier experience was a call to tell Verizon I was buying my phone from Apple this upgrade and could they waive the $40 upgrade fee. She said no, but I may call a different rep.

Can you upgrade your own device by just popping in the SIM? Do they let you change your IMEI online? Weird they'd charge you a fee like that, I'd ask for every supervisor in that place. After already paying a fortune, they want $40 more? Heck no.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I had that same question to AT&T about just changing the SIM card over when I get my new device. They said I could, but I would still need to contact them either by phone or chat so they could register the IMEI number. Just AT&T experience here. :)

xikle

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered my 6S Sunday afternoon from T-Mobile. Originally they said that it would ship on 9/25, I got another email from them today saying that they are planning on shipping it on the 24th, so I should have it on the 25th if they don't run out of stock before they get to my order number. The order process was smoother than last year. Last year I tried to order the 6 from them and couldn't ever get the site to load, so I ended up just ordering it directly from Apple.

tmx31415

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I went through  this time. Last year AT&T was too unpredictable with shipping dates. I saved all of my info the day before with , the following morning the process took all of a minute.  is showing a deliver date of 9/25.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Can you upgrade your own device by just popping in the SIM? Do they let you change your IMEI online? Weird they'd charge you a fee like that, I'd ask for every supervisor in that place. After already paying a fortune, they want $40 more? Heck no.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.

The first rep I spoke with a couple weeks ago said it would be waived. Then I saw the charge on the Apple info. Called and this one said no.? I'll call back.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
The first rep I spoke with a couple weeks ago said it would be waived. Then I saw the charge on the Apple info. Called and this one said no.? I'll call back.

Call and call and call some more. Drive them up the wall until someone is willing to help you.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
When ordering mine this was the displayed dates for shipping.

b39a435872d07de63d4a7c8d9c387af5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I pre-ordered through Apple and I will pick it up in store on the 25th =)
It went smoothly and I did not want to pre-order it through my carrier for no specific reason haha (And I really like going in Apple Stores).

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow how did you get those dates with AT&T.....I basically got a Halloween date pre ordering seconds after pre orders opened

Through the att app at the tail end of the preorder. I didn't actually pre order it through them so you'd only have to go through the whole thing to see the results. I ended up just going through Apple for the pre order after a recommendation from a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickf126

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
After switching to iPhone last year with the 6, I only have last year to compare to. Last year I could not get on T-Mobile's website, and had a great deal of trouble trying to update.
This year the experience was totally different. I logged on at about 8am Saturday morning, and had my order completed in about 5 minutes. Shipping date was listed as 9/25. I have been getting periodic updates, and I just saw that my credit card was charged today. I also got an email from T-Mo saying that the phone was shipping out on 09/24.
I think that Apple and the carriers (at least T-Mo) learned from last year and had enough stock on hand to meet demand, and beefed up the servers to handle demand. I am very satisfied. By the way, I ordered a 64GB 6S Space Grey.
Cheers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2