apparently "typical apple users" can't tell an iphone 1 from a 6S.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
So there's a clip going around where a night show comedy host (Jimmy Kimmel) shows off the original iphone to random people, claiming it's the 6S, and they fall for it. no doubt this is either scripted or they hand picked the dumbest people for comedic effect.

but to apparently to many folks who prefer other platforms, this is quite literally a mini documentary proving that yes we're all isheep who would by a dog turd if it came with an apple logo.

I've seen it going around the internet and people's comments and threads talking about the clip.

I find it really annoying. I'm also baffled as why think think this AND why they're taking a comedy show seriously.

just an example I was looking at the windows sister site of iMore and found this thread where its OP thinks this:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ap...typical-iphone-user-will-accept-anything.html

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So there's a clip going around where a night show comedy host (Jimmy Kimmel) shows off the original iphone to random people, claiming it's the 6S, and they fall for it. no doubt this is either scripted or they hand picked the dumbest people for comedic effect.

but to apparently to many folks who prefer other platforms, this is quite literally a mini documentary proving that yes we're all isheep who would by a dog turd if it came with an apple logo.

I've seen it going around the internet and people's comments and threads talking about the clip.

I find it really annoying. I'm also baffled as why think think this AND why they're taking a comedy show seriously.

just an example I was looking at the windows sister site of iMore and found this thread where its OP thinks this:

Jimmy Kimmel shows how the typical iPhone user will accept anything! - Windows Central Forums

Of course that clip has been edited for maximum comic effect. I guarantee you it's not representative of the general population.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
LMAO of course not. which makes me confused why some people are treating it like it a some mini documentary about ""typical apple users"

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I think "scripted" and "comedic effect" are probably fairly accurate. I've seen some of the Jimmy Kimmel ones, and Leno used to do something similar. They can be funny at times, but you have to wonder if those being interviewed are actors.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
to clarify I'm aware that Jimmy is doing this for comedy. my post is not about him. it's about the folks sharing this clip as so called proof that isheep are all morons.

I'm pretty sure the folks in the clip or either actors, or people that wanted to be on TV and said what they were told, or perhaps a tiny percentage of ignorant people, hand selected out of the majority who didn't fall for it.

which goes back to my point of this thread. which isn't Kimmel's bit but that it baffles me why some folks are sharing this bit as anything other than the comedy it was meant to be. no some people are sharing this as if it were real and is proof apple users are idiots.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
That's absurd. I own a device from every OS. Not all of us are complete imbeciles. There are quite a few of us who are well versed in current technology.

I really hate the stereotype they play on Apple users.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
That's absurd. I own a device from every OS. Not all of us are complete imbeciles. There are quite a few of us who are well versed in current technology.

Funny part is a ton of android users that I see have no clue about technology and ask me to fix various issues they have lol but at the same time swear Apple sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

yes. this so much this! go to any place sharing this video. read the comments. huffington post, the comments on youtube , CNET, iMore sister sites, or their forums, wherever you like. the general consensus seems to be that this video is not a comedy skit, but damning evidence that all us iSheep would buy a dog turd if it came with an apple logo. that these are "typical apple users" frankly I find this attitude insulting. and because of it, this skit makes me roll me eyes.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Funny part is a ton of android users that I see have no clue about technology and ask me to fix various issues they have lol but at the same time swear Apple sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly this^^^......It's so funny that it's ridiculous.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
apparently "typical apple users" can't tell an iphone 1 from a 6S.

I wonder what the response would be if it were Samsung's new Galaxy phone he was showing off. I bet you'd get quite a few people asking, "what's that?"

Also, am I the only one who sees this as 's brand name being that good that people would buy it without knowing the details? Probably just me...

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure some are clueless enough to fall for that. Most people are just dumb or ignorant. I remember when I use to have a lot of different android phones, people would say one of two things.

Is that a droid or is that a galaxy? Most are just clueless.

And yes clearly staged and somewhat funny.

Though I will say if it was the iPhone 6 I could see how the majority of the people couldn't tell a difference but only that way. Lol

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ap...typical-iphone-user-will-accept-anything.html

There really wasn't an "iPhone 1". The first generation of iPhone was simply called "iPhone".

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Didn't Kimmel do a bit where he showed the public what was supposedly the Apple Watch, but it was really just a Casio digital watch? Or was that Leno? Regardless, I think it's fairly obvious they don't use the footage of people that don't fall for it, and/or perhaps some of the reactions are scripted.