Rose Gold vs Gold (iPhone 6S): is the rose gold too pink for a guy?

clankfu

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Rose Gold vs Gold (iPhone 6S)

Agree with the other posts in this thread. Who cares what other people think. If you like it, get it.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Rose Gold vs Gold (iPhone 6S): is the rose gold to pink for a guy?

It's too pink for me, but as noted above lots of guys wear pink shirts and the like so who cares.

If you like it, go for it. I thought the people who said gold was too effeminate were being silly, and I liked my gold 5s. So if someone wants a rose-gold 6s, what the heck, go for it.

Slate 5 -> Gold 5s -> Silver 6 -> Space Grey 6s Plus

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

fore569

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty upset that it isn't actually rose gold as the name suggests, it's pink. I love rose gold and was looking forward to the rumored release for awhile now. Took a look at the watch in store, and it is clearly pink.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The rose gold finish is more rose gold than pink. In person, it looks almost like a new penny but not as brown. It's a great color. Idc what some random stranger thinks about me. That being said, I also bought the rose gold watch and love it. I can post a pic that's very close to how it looks in person if anyone is interested. But to my eye it's definitely not the pink watch/iPhone. It really doesn't look pink at all to my eye. Which tbh is a little disappointing because I think a hot pink iPhone would be very punk rock and awesome. Lol.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The rose gold finish is more rose gold than pink. In person, it looks almost like a new penny but not as brown. It's a great color. Idc what some random stranger thinks about me. That being said, I also bought the rose gold watch and love it. I can post a pic that's very close to how it looks in person if anyone is interested. But to my eye it's definitely not the pink watch/iPhone. It really doesn't look pink at all to my eye. Which tbh is a little disappointing because I think a hot pink iPhone would be very punk rock and awesome. Lol.

I absolutely agree about not caring what anyone else thinks. And if the Rose Gold looked like a new penny I'd be 100% on board. But I have to ask what you mean when you refer to having seen it in person. I assume you haven't seen the phone in person, right? I know that the Rose Gold watch has an almost copper look, but those at the keynote said the phone does not match this. My friend got her Rose Gold matching dock for the phone and it's pink. Nothing near the copperish color of the watch unfortunately.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I absolutely agree about not caring what anyone else thinks. And if the Rose Gold looked like a new penny I'd be 100% on board. But I have to ask what you mean when you refer to having seen it in person. I assume you haven't seen the phone in person, right? I know that the Rose Gold watch has an almost copper look, but those at the keynote said the phone does not match this. My friend got her Rose Gold matching dock for the phone and it's pink. Nothing near the copperish color of the watch unfortunately.

I think there's a rose gold aluminum sport watch that was released. Maybe that one is the same color as the phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
First thought....get what YOU like.
Second thought....the fact that you would ask the question tells me you're not quite comfortable in your own skin yet to tell the world "scr*w you" and be an individualist. That's not a criticism, it's an observation. Example....Today I do exactly what i want to do.... I cut my signature long red mane of hair down to a super short boy cut. Years ago I wouldn't have dared, it identified me. I didn't ask anyone, I was simply ready for a bold change. Now I have "short hair/don't care" and I LOVE IT.
Third thought.....I'm going to say that the rose gold color is perfect for a man who likes soft pastel colours and doesn't identify with traditionally masculine colours.
IMO Harrison Ford can pull off a rose gold iPhone. Sean Connery, Alan Rickman, Hugh Laurie because they wouldn't CARE......Ben Afleck......not so much......he'd ask Matt Damon....
It's the attitude that matters.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
By the way I just got the lightning dock in the mail. The colour is not a stark pink, it's a soft muted pastel that reminds me of pink champagne or Beringer white Zinfandel.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

Jude3435

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Rose Gold vs Gold (iPhone 6S): is the rose gold to pink for a guy?

I don't like the look of the pink iPhone at all. I prefer the gold. the good news is, I can get the one I want. I have had people ridicule me over my choice. I honestly don't care what they think.

Get whichever one you like the most. It's what I did and I don't regret my decision.

Good call. I usually have a Space Gray aka black phone. For the 6S I decided to try something different: GOLD. I'm excited about it. I think that switching it up is a great idea. The Rose Gold, while not for me, looks great!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty upset that it isn't actually rose gold as the name suggests, it's pink. I love rose gold and was looking forward to the rumored release for awhile now. Took a look at the watch in store, and it is clearly pink.

Rose gold IS pink...regardless of what product it is on. The nature of the color...

Screen Shot 2015-09-18 at 12.29.55 PM.png

...here is a comparison shot of an actual rose gold ring vs. the rose gold iPhone...how people feel this isn't "actually" rose gold is beyond me.

ROSE-8C.jpg

iphone-6-rose-gold-006-630x419.jpg

madkoda12

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
By the way I just got the lightning dock in the mail. The colour is not a stark pink, it's a soft muted pastel that reminds me of pink champagne or Beringer white Zinfandel.

Question about the dock, I know with the standard/plastic dock people had an issue with it not being weighed so they had to hold it when they took their phone off of it. Does this dock have the same issue? Cause I believe It is aluminum now so it should be heavier..Would you mind, if it isn't too much trouble, uploading a video of putting a phone on and off of the dock?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Question about the dock, I know with the standard/plastic dock people had an issue with it not being weighed so they had to hold it when they took their phone off of it. Does this dock have the same issue? Cause I believe It is aluminum now so it should be heavier..Would you mind, if it isn't too much trouble, uploading a video of putting a phone on and off of the dock?

I'll try to remember when I get home tonight.

fore569

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I am not arguing that Rose Gold has a pink tint to it, but the Rose Gold 6s is not the same color as Rose Gold normally is. I do not know if you own anything that is Rose Gold (I own 2 watches and a wedding band - all of which are stainless steel) and the 6s has a much pinker tone to it that actual Rose Gold does.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am not arguing that Rose Gold has a pink tint to it, but the Rose Gold 6s is not the same color as Rose Gold normally is. I do not know if you own anything that is Rose Gold (I own 2 watches and a wedding band - all of which are stainless steel) and the 6s has a much pinker tone to it that actual Rose Gold does.

Wife only owns rose gold or white gold jewelry, so yes, we have plenty of examples around the house...rose gold isn't a singular hue, it has a spectrum of different hues within the same "color" (like saying "blue"...we all know that blue has an enormous spectrum of range). My wife has a bracelet that is VERY pink...and one the opposite end of the spectrum, a necklace that is closer to gold than pink. There is no singular definition of the color since it has a range. It is perfectly "normal" rose gold...it just may not be the hue you prefer.

When you say that the phone isn't "actually" rose gold...that is just flat out wrong.

fore569

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I am unsure why you are so concerned with my statement regarding the color of rose gold, especially considering I was just giving my opinion regarding the color of the new 6s. It is very pink in my opinion unlike much of the rose gold items that I have seen and own.

Considering the fact that I really do not need to be lectured on the spectrum of hues within a color, do me a favor and do not quote any future posts that I might make. Thank you.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am unsure why you are so concerned with my statement regarding the color of rose gold, especially considering I was just giving my opinion regarding the color of the new 6s. It is very pink in my opinion unlike much of the rose gold items that I have seen and own.

Considering the fact that I really do not need to be lectured on the spectrum of hues within a color, do me a favor and do not quote any future posts that I might make. Thank you.

Your comment reads as follows (in case you've forgotten since you posted it):

...you specifically say "it isn't actually rose gold, as the name suggests"...which is wrong. That is why I retorted to your post. If you said "To me, it's too pink" or "in my opinion, this isn't actually rose gold", you wouldn't have heard a word from me...but your post was not reflective of that, and I replied as such. Your post essentially says Apple "claims" it's rose gold, but it actually isn't...but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Also, to clarify, just because you don't want to hear it doesn't mean it won't happen. The beauty of a forum is that there is no prerequisite that you enjoy or WANT to see my posts for me to post them, so if you don't want to have further discussions about your own words, use the ignore feature...

fore569

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
You obviously have way too much time on your hands. I will make sure to to simply ignore anything you have to say going forward, thank you for the advice.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You obviously have way too much time on your hands. I will make sure to to simply ignore anything you have to say going forward, thank you for the advice.

Why the personal shots? My comments were relevant to the subject matter...and then you decided to huff and puff because you didn't have the wherewithal to have some dialogue about it. I understand if you want to throw in the towel early on a debate, but there is no reason to make it personal at all...lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox