Apple Canada lol

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, once you convert the US price to CAD you get the effect of the Canadian dollar. Charging an additional $100 - $150 outside the dollar conversion cant be pinned on the currency.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

It's more than just exchange rate. There's over head. Import taxes and fees.

You can't seriously think the only thing that affects pricing is an exchange rate? When the dollar bottoms out, the entire cost of doing business, especially when we have to import in the product, increases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unity04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It's more than just exchange rate. There's over head. Import taxes and fees.

You can't seriously think the only thing that affects pricing is an exchange rate? When the dollar bottoms out, the entire cost of doing business, especially when we have to import in the product, increases.

Fair enough

I really wish Apple would bring their upgrade program to Canada - would work wonders.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough

I really wish Apple would bring their upgrade program to Canada - would work wonders.

Oh my god...THIS.

I practically drooled when they announced it.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
There has been an influx of Canadians lately with that "What about us?" complaining for a while now. Seems a company can't do anything without Canadians getting peeved.

iMore will post something about Amazon, Apple, Google, Hulu, or something like that and you get the inevitable first comment "Not available in Canada!" or "they make it more expensive in Canada!" Canada is like our cute little brother.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't really understand how all of this works...and I haven't read the details at all to really have a good education on the subject...but you know what? SCREW APPLE! THEY ARE STEALING MONEY FROM ME!

...it was painful to type that above...I can't imagine how it must feel to actually THINK that way.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
This has nothing to do with the Canadian dollars in the past it was the same price only that the U.S. dollars was stronger it's only a trick for Apple and even our Canadian carriers to steal more money from the customers.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I know this is 24 hours after your first post, but how about a little understanding of exchange rates. A few minutes ago the USD/CAD spot rate was 1.35473

649(USD) * 1.35473 = 879 (CAD).

The $20 CAD difference between my spot price and Apple's pricing based on a future prediction of the exchange rate they will get at the time of each transaction is trivial - about 2% which could easily go to 5% either way depending on currency markets.

I suggest you get an exchange rate conversion app for your iPhone, and learn how to use it so you don't embarrass yourself again.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Here is the point.....you threw a temper tantrum and blamed Apple and when you were informed the nature of the problem you posted arrogant comments and dismissed real information.

Next time, read what is posted instead of attacking those who are trying to give you real information.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
There has been an influx of Canadians lately with that "What about us?" complaining for a while now. Seems a company can't do anything without Canadians getting peeved.

iMore will post something about Amazon, Apple, Google, Hulu, or something like that and you get the inevitable first comment "Not available in Canada!" or "they make it more expensive in Canada!" Canada is like our cute little brother.

Oh I get annoyed you guys get some stuff first, but I'll take my gun control and socialized medicine any day lol

Not all of us complain! I promise!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen