Apple Canada lol

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi guy's it's making me laughing this morning, I was looking just for fun at preorder and everything is available in Canada. So it make me think that because Apple has hiked the price they won't set a record in Canada it's 250$ more for the basic iPhone 6S 16gigs in Canada VS USA then imagine the rest. Thank you APPLE FOR hiking the prices.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
This has nothing to do with the Canadian dollars in the past it was the same price only that the U.S. dollars was stronger it's only a trick for Apple and even our Canadian carriers to steal more money from the customers.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
This has nothing to do with the Canadian dollars in the past it was the same price only that the U.S. dollars was stronger it's only a trick for Apple and even our Canadian carriers to steal more money from the customers.

Wha?????? Apple is pulling a trick for the Canadian dollar to go down?!?!! Apple is in cahoots with Canadian carriers to drop the Canadian dollar so they can charge more for the phones in Canada while they remain the same price in the U.S.?!?!?

Oh Lordy......

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Apple is just hikin the prices with the excuse of the Canadian dollars price. I remember in February they did the same.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
If so why are the prices exactly the same here in the U.S.?

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

unity04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Agreed.

The 64GB version goes for $299USD on contract which translates to about $397CAD. Yet evey carrier is charging $530 for the same model. For no reason, the 6S is $50 more than what the 6 was selling for last month.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Canada 899.00$ and USA 649.00$ where is the fairness?

Agreed.

The 64GB version goes for $299USD on contract which translates to about $397CAD. Yet evey carrier is charging $530 for the same model. For no reason, the 6S is $50 more than what the 6 was selling for last month.

Talk to the Canadian carriers and investigate the issue with the Canadian dollar.
The price is exactly the same here.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The contract price is based on the outright cost of the phone... When you get a phone on contract (subsidized a phone) you get the phone for less than the outright price. Usually the subsidized amount is about $500 off the outright price of the phone.

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
No actually you're not getting it at all.

It's the drop in the Canadian dollar.

Believe whatever makes you happy.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

No it wasn't. I suggest you actually research before having a tantrum. I bought my phone from Apple Canada last year and it was still more expensive than Apple USA. It's not scalping. It's not a conspiracy. Other manufacturers have also raised the pricing since the tanking of the dollar. Three months ago our pricing on the older phones went up as well BECAUSE OF THE FALLING DOLLAR.

If you really think in previous years our pricing was the same as the U.S. then you live in an alternate reality or simply weren't buying at the time. We were at least $100 more at launch last year. And the year before. And the year before....

FYI EDIT

The exact same phone I paid 969 CDN for at launch was increased to 1098 CDN about three months ago when the dollar free falled. The exact. Same. Phone. The change? The dollar crashed.

Some people need to pay more attention to markets, finance and currency.

unity04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
No actually you're not getting it at all.

It's the drop in the Canadian dollar.

Believe whatever makes you happy.

Yes, once you convert the US price to CAD you get the effect of the Canadian dollar. Charging an additional $100 - $150 outside the dollar conversion cant be pinned on the currency.