Upgrading from 5s to 6s?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Still deciding on whether to upgrade to 6s or 6s plus. Can't make my mine up. Any advice or could someone make it for me lol

Do you need a bigger screen? Will you make use of optical image stabilization? Do you want higher PPI? Do you want a bigger battery? Is a bigger phone easy handle and useful to you on a daily basis?

If you answered yes to all, 6s+ is the way to go.

If most were a no, go 6s.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
After two years with my beloved 5s, I will be moving on to the 6s. I love my 5s, but I think its time for a better camera and bigger screen. I am curious to know if any current 5s owners will be upgrading to the 6s, and why?

I had my 32gb 5s for approx 20 months and upgraded to the 128gb 6 Plus. This was a major upgrade for me, and while I liked my 5s very much, I like my 6 plus even more. The screen real estate was a major reason for me upgrading. I still like the design of the 5s a little better though.

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I have a 5S and I was planning to hold off on upgrading until I could just walk into an apple store and buy a 6S. All this pre-ordering jazz just sounded like a huge pain and something to avoid. Then I read that you could still order a 6S in pretty much any color or size from AT&T and have it delivered on release day, so I figured why not pull the trigger. It was totally painless process, unlike my last adventure with pre-ordering,which I'm still having nightmares about.

In any case I look forward to using the 6S. The 5S works perfectly and is an excellent phone, but it'll be nice to have a larger screen and more storage space. No more desperately deleting crap cuz I'm 100 megabytes short, etc.

valkyrie

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Got my iPhone 5s on launch day (in SA) and will upgrade to the 6s when it launches here as well.

Definitely going to go with the 64GB model though.

Thought about going with the plus, but that thing is just too huge.

It's like holding a slice of toast to your head when talking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timswork

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I love my silver 5S that I've had for the past 2 years, but I'm on contract with AT&T for a subsidized/unlimited plan; and it makes no sense for me to not upgrade, when I'm paying one of those perpetual-type $40/access fees anyways. And plus, I can sell my current 5S for a couple/few? hundred dollars to pay for my 6S+ upgrade.

It's my standard to upgrade on the "S" years. Very excited for it to come!

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I had a 6 and sold it for a 5 to save money since I pay for my phone monthly. But I miss Apple pay and the extra space so much I'm willing to pay that extra $17/month 😊

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am totally fine! I ignored it when it was posted yesterday, but sometimes people need to know when they are being plain rude. I will most definitely completely ignore comments like these in the future! Thanks for your input!

It was sarcasm buddy...I think you'll be ok.

jenmeow78

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I will be!! I have a 5s 16gb. My first time getting an iPhone when it's a new version!!! So excited!!! I will prob keep it for a while but you never know. I also want more space so I can sell this iPod. Getting a silver 6s 128gb. . 6s+ is too big for my tastes.

kreestole

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The rose gold got me, I'll be upgrading from my gold 5s 32gb to a 64gb 6s in rose gold. I am still not sure I want a larger thinner phone. It makes me nervous, seems more vulnerable. But that pink though!

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
The rose gold got me, I'll be upgrading from my gold 5s 32gb to a 64gb 6s in rose gold. I am still not sure I want a larger thinner phone. It makes me nervous, seems more vulnerable. But that pink though!

I think this new aluminum will make it a lot less vulnerable compared with the 6. Once you get the feel for the size, you'll absolutely love it. The 6 grew on me but always felt a tad too light. I think it'll feel perfect now.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods