Prices of iPhones in Canada

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I was seriously considering using my upgrade to a 64gb 6s this fall (from a 32gb 5s) until I saw the prices posted on the Apple Canada website, and my carrier (Bell). They are $130 more than the 6. Furthermore, the prices for the 6 series and older devices have remained the same! Clearly this is related to the falling Canadian dollar.....

So a 64gb 6s, plus a case and AppleCare and 13% tax, comes out to $1387 CAD - off contract. The upgrade with Bell takes $500 off the price of the phone.

I've decided to stick it out another year with my 5s since I don't see prices coming down for the 7 next year.

Is anyone else in Canada who was planning to upgrade, pausing to re-consider until next year?

(Note, this is no means a criticism of the 6s, as I was impressed with the keynote on Wednesday, and wanted one more as a result)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I was seriously considering using my upgrade to a 64gb 6s this fall (from a 32gb 5s) until I saw the prices posted on the Apple Canada website, and my carrier (Bell). They are $130 more than the 6. Furthermore, the prices for the 6 series and older devices have remained the same! Clearly this is related to the falling Canadian dollar.....

So a 64gb 6s, plus a case and AppleCare and 13% tax, comes out to $1387 CAD - off contract. The upgrade with Bell takes $500 off the price of the phone.

I've decided to stick it out another year with my 5s since I don't see prices coming down for the 7 next year.

Is anyone else in Canada who was planning to upgrade, pausing to re-consider until next year?

(Note, this is no means a criticism of the 6s, as I was impressed with the keynote on Wednesday, and wanted one more as a result)

Yah I've been seeing some of the prices that Canadians are quoting. That's too bad, I'm sorry.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty grim.

That's what happens when we go from a $0.90 dollar to a $0.75 dollar.

I considered putting it off, but what the heck. Sticking it out. Moving from a 6 to a 6s Plus.

(NB: It DOES mean the iPad Mini 4 is a bargain just now, as they didn't re-adjust prices.)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Buy it on eBay from the states a Verizon version is unlocked factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

froli13

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't buy the "falling canadian dollar" excuse... The damn phone is still twice the price compared to USA. For the iPhone 6s 16GB it's 199$ and here in Canada it's 398$. 199US$ is 264CAN$.

froli13

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm with Bell right now and I planned to use my upgrade for an iPhone 6s too. I even call to make sure these were the real prices... Anyway, my contract expires next month. I'll just get it on contract with the first carrier selling it at a more decent price.

Starchest

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I got it full price. It wasn't THAT bad. I got the 16GB 6s and it was $758USD with tax. If I had bought it in Chicago (my only other choice) it would've been around $720USD anyways.

froli13

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
You bought it from Apple I guess? Apple pricing is fare, but I'm talking about carrier pricing. Anyway, not anyone can spend 700$+ on a phone :/

Starchest

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
You bought it from Apple I guess? Apple pricing is fare, but I'm talking about carrier pricing. Anyway, not anyone can spend 700$+ on a phone :/

Yeah, from Apple. Sorry I didn't catch the carrier thing.

I feel you. But I always sell my pristine previous gen (for around $500 USD), and that helps a lot!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2