If I buy the 6s cash will it come unlocked
Will paying cash for a 6s ensure that it comes unlocked? If it doesn't, how can I unlock it? I am moving over from a Windows Phone.
- Best AnswerSep 10 2015 | 11:43 pm EDT
For sure if you buy it directly from an Apple Store.
Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
- 09-10-2015, 11:43 PM #2
- 09-11-2015, 01:27 AM #3
- 09-11-2015, 09:09 AM #4Banned
- 12,021 Posts
Re: If I buy the 6s cash will it come unlocked?
Don't be too quick to say "yes"...Apple, historically, has sold AT&T locked devices on release date regardless of whether you bought your phone for full retail or under contract. In order to have it unlocked (if you paid full retail), you had to contact your carrier and request an unlock. This was relevant to AT&T devices for sure because that is what I had to do the last 2 years after buying the device for full retail cost...I think Verizon and Tmobile devices were both sold unlocked, but I don't remember for certain.
- 09-11-2015, 09:11 AM #5
- By Closingracer in forum iOS 9Replies: 39Last Post: 09-17-2015, 02:13 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 4Last Post: 09-11-2015, 06:29 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 2Last Post: 09-11-2015, 09:24 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 1Last Post: 09-11-2015, 01:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-10-2015, 10:43 PM