How much RAM?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I think 2GB is very sufficient. On my Z10, it has 2GB of RAM. It functions great. I think it's just enough to slow those reloads and possibly prevent a few crashes for me. I'm hoping this is legitimate.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.

I hope it does also I get crashes and reloads and hang ups as well. As soon as I kill all apps that are suspended in background everything works great.
It would be cool to be able to build a super iPhone with overkill specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Safari I have no answer for you. I rarely use it. That's what apps are for and when I do use Safari, I haven't noticed excessive tab reloading.
Anyway in other apps the issue of reloading could still easily be poor coding on the app developers part. Would 2GB RAM help that? Sure, but it doesn't actually resolve the underlying issue, just papers over it.

I've had a miserable time in Safari with pages reloading and otherwise misbehaving. But I'm still on my 5.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine does it on the 4s, 5s, 5c and 6. It's just a RAM issue across all My devices. Even does the same thing on Mini 3 too.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

I wonder though why if it is truly just a RAM issue, why it is not consistent across the user board? I swear I am not an Apple apologist and would welcome a RAM upgrade, but I rarely if ever had a safari reload or hiccup while in usage. I consider myself a power user and Safari is my main app, with seldom if ever an issue. Make no mistake, I am not doubting you one bit. I believe you. It's just strange how some experience these things, and others do not (or at least to the same degree).

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I wonder though why if it is truly just a RAM issue, why it is not consistent across the user board? I swear I am not an Apple apologist and would welcome a RAM upgrade, but I rarely if ever had a safari reload or hiccup while in usage. I consider myself a power user and Safari is my main app, with seldom if ever an issue. Make no mistake, I am not doubting you one bit. I believe you. It's just strange how some experience these things, and others do not (or at least to the same degree).

Do you leave a lot of apps open in the background? I have a ton of known apps that are RAM hogs. It could have something to do with the type of applications you have. I forget to close out background apps, that's when the reloads are most frequent.

If I close most or all of them, the reloads are far less frequent...

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you leave a lot of apps open in the background? I have a ton of known apps that are RAM hogs. It could have something to do with the type of applications you have. I forget to close out background apps, that's when the reloads are most frequent.

If I close most or all of them, the reloads are far less frequent...

I seldom remember to go in and close apps in the background. I was under the assumption that apps relatively quickly switch to a suspended state and thus are not resource or battery hogs. In addition, I have background app refresh turned off to allow all apps to go into the suspended state. I honestly haven't noticed much of a difference in performance when closing everything out.

PS, I would love to have a 'close all' option for apps in the background.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I wonder that myself. Why me? Is it the 5? Something I do wrong? Others like you don't have this issue. It's like the BeWeather 2 widget doesn't load well in the Notification Center, but does on other phones. And it's not just my phone. Some do and some don't with no apparent rhyme or reason.

W1ck3D86

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
This was in the news here today:
It says only 1gb of ram

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Attachments

• IMG_20150910_212422.jpg
    IMG_20150910_212422.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 76
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Lots of sites are reporting 2GB, lots are reporting 1GB.

I think we will find out soon enough. If it's not 2GB though, I really can't justify the upgrade.

@_@ So I'll be kind of sad trying to figure out what device to get next!

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They just know that 90% of their consumer base just doesn't care...so why make a big deal about it? People know Apple doesn't play the "keeping up with the joneses" game when it comes to their hardware 9 times out of 10, so it shouldn't ever be surprising that the very in depth detailed tech specs on internals are left off the highlight reel when we see the new devices. Those of us who get a big hard on about that kind of thing have fixit.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
If that were true, then I think specs wouldn't be reported at all as the audience "wouldn't care." What you mean to say is  doesn't think people should care. Remember how good they are telling others what they need? Not complaining at all, but that's the way I see it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You bet. Already seeing it in the comment sections. The good ol "welcome to 2012" from the myriad who are blinded by the spec driven propaganda out there. This time of year is both the most exciting, and most trying of times in the forums lol.
I've already seen the welcome to 2012 from trolls on a BlackBerry site. Meanwhile THEIR OS is on life support and the CEO has been touting Android for months. Shouldn't they be concentrating on that?

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤