Will iPhone6 Cases Work on the 6S?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Since the 6S is a little thicker (deeper), will iPhone6 cases fit the new model?

I heard the 6S Plus is wider, longer AND thicker than the current 6Plus, would that be more of a problem? This could be a deciding factor on whether I upgrade to the regular 6S from my current 6 or if I make the jump to the 6S Plus.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The cases are the same...the change in size is negligible.

Apparently that isn't the case (ba da ching) for all cases. Lifeproof is coming out with iPhone 6S specific cases. Not sure if Mophie will need to make a specific iPhone 6S case or not. Most of the other standard cases should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Apparently that isn't the case (ba da ching) for all cases. Lifeproof is coming out with iPhone 6S specific cases. Not sure if Mophie will need to make a specific iPhone 6S case or not. Most of the other standard cases should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I guess the companies that make extremely rigid cases are probably wary about the size change, but my guess is that they will work just fine after the devices hit the street.

Will6371

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Since the 6S is a little thicker (deeper), will iPhone6 cases fit the new model?

I heard the 6S Plus is wider, longer AND thicker than the current 6Plus, would that be more of a problem? This could be a deciding factor on whether I upgrade to the regular 6S from my current 6 or if I make the jump to the 6S Plus.

I thought the were the same size, they were supposed to be 0.2mm thicker but just like they were supposed to have 2gb of ram it never happened.

Or did I miss the bit where they said it was?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I really like my Apple leather case, have not heard anything about that one. I wonder if it will work with a 6s?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I am SO going on a shopping spree for cases on Saturday!!! I hated having to be SO.VERY.CAREFUL last year until I got a case.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I really like my Apple leather case, have not heard anything about that one. I wonder if it will work with a 6s?

Never mind found my own answer from apple.com - I looked up the 6s leather case and the description mentions the 6:

These Apple-designed cases are made from specially tanned and finished European leather for a luxurious feel and are precision crafted by the same designers who create iPhone. The case fits snugly and your iPhone 6s or iPhone 6 still feels incredibly slim, even with the case on. The soft microfiber lining on the inside helps protect your iPhone. And on the outside, you see color that’s more than surface deep, thanks to a dye that’s infused into the leather. Choose from five complementary colors.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I thought the were the same size, they were supposed to be 0.2mm thicker but just like they were supposed to have 2gb of ram it never happened.

Or did I miss the bit where they said it was?

You didn't miss anything, you're just making random (and probably inaccurate) assumptions about stuff (IE: "2gb of ram it never happened"). Just because something was omitted doesn't equate it to being left off...the new iPhone very well may be a negligible 2mm thicker, and very likely has 2gb of RAM.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
You didn't miss anything, you're just making random (and probably inaccurate) assumptions about stuff (IE: "2gb of ram it never happened"). Just because something was omitted doesn't equate it to being left off...the new iPhone very well may be a negligible 2mm thicker, and very likely has 2gb of RAM.

In past we have to wait until iFixIt or AnandTech tears it down and then we will know how much memory and CPU speed (currently 1.4 GHz on the 6)

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I talked to Apple support yesterday about the case question. I would love a new lavendar silicone case for my 6 Plus. They assured me all new Apple cases will work with 2014 models. And as someone included in the string above, the website includes as much in it's descriptions. So great news! They needed to add some new colors! I wish they would add some brighter colors to the leather cases, but the silicone cases are great too!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I talked to Apple support yesterday about the case question. I would love a new lavendar silicone case for my 6 Plus. They assured me all new Apple cases will work with 2014 models. And as someone included in the string above, the website includes as much in it's descriptions. So great news! They needed to add some new colors! I wish they would add some brighter colors to the leather cases, but the silicone cases are great too!

It was pretty widely known that Apple's own cases would be universal between the two generations of devices...I think most people are curious about 3rd party cases, which seem to be hit or miss based on what the case manufacturers are reporting.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My two go-to case manufacturers have reported that their cases will fit the 6s Plus. So I'm going case shopping tomorrow.
All I need to know is about Kate Spade cases. For purty stuff. For protection I go to Otterbox and Speck.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

apcman

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering about Mophie battery cases. Will that small difference matter? I do need the battery case but I don't want to get another Mophie already.

Thanks

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
The "iPhone 6s/6s+" specific cases are being marketed like that to make money off those who will buy them believing they need them. We are gullible creatures...

Don't pay more just because the marketing experts are luring you with the latest products. The cases that fit the 6/6+ will fit the 6s/6s+ pretty much across the board. There may be some minute differences that might make cases like the Lifeproof cases have to retool...but most everything else should fit fine.

rpe1

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Otterbox has a different sku for the 6s defender case. I was told the ones for the 6 would not fit. That sku for the 6s is 77-52133. the sku for the 6 is 77-50206.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods