How do live photos work?

Apple Fanatic 44

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok so there are two ways that I can guess at how live photos work. Either you hold the shutter button to start the live part and then press harder to take the photo or it just records whenever you're in the camera app.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It seems to be the default, but you can move it to an HD instead of live. They said you take it like any photo and it will record a couple seconds in each direction. It is as easy as setting it to live and taking the picture. Of course I have not tried it and am just going with what they said. looks cool.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok so there are two ways that I can guess at how live photos work. Either you hold the shutter button to start the live part and then press harder to take the photo or it just records whenever you're in the camera app.

Schiller said you "just take a picture". There's a setting on the camera screen - 3 concentric circles. According to Schiller in the keynote, it captures about a second and a half on either side of the photo.

You use the 3DTouch to activate the playback. It's covered starting at the 113:10 mark of the keynote.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Is it only for the new phones or will it be for all current phones?

Did you watch the video? Any Apple device can view them. Third party apps will be able to view them once the apps are updated. But only the new devices will be able to take the live photos.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Will the iPhone 6s and 6splus be the only one with live photos? Or are iPhone 6plus users going to get it with ios9? I think that is what the other poster was asking.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77