Any word on Unlocked/Off Contract being available for Presale?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Since Apple is doing their own 'installment program' - and those will be unlocked - they may do them on pre-order.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
From their website, you make an appointment on Saturday to come in.... Don't know when you would come in.
I'm trying to figure that out. I'll be calling Apple tomorrow for details.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I went through and did a "prepare for preorder" and it gives you the option to pay full price basically. Which I may do. My husband is throwing a FIT.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think we can go by historic release dates with this one...I honestly think we're moving toward eventually having no locked devices at all.

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I went through and did a "prepare for preorder" and it gives you the option to pay full price basically. Which I may do. My husband is throwing a FIT.

Do you have the link to order the carrier unlock iPhone 6+s for full price.

gurase

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In the past, any full price phone purchased directly from Apple has been unlocked, even if it's not the "official" SIM-free unlocked model. The T-Mobile model (historically) has been the only model that lets you purchase online without being a new or existing subscriber, so if you are on a smaller GSM carrier and want to preorder, you could select that one. Otherwise, choose "full price" for your carrier and it should be unlocked.

Even though the upgrade program touts an unlocked phone, the fine print says it requires activation on AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile. And on the tech specs page, there are 2 models for each device (6S and 6S+). One GSM, one CDMA. Not sure which model you would get with the upgrade program, or if you have to pick the one for your carrier.

Personally I am just going to wait for the SIM-free version to come out.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the link to order the carrier unlock iPhone 6+s for full price.

Shop iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus - Apple

Click "Get Ready for Preorder" then "Get Ready Now"

You can select the options you want, color, size, whatever. When you get to the carrier thing it will give you the option for say, if you have ATT, "ATT NEXT" or "PAY IN FULL", at least it does for me.

I only buy mine from Apple directly. I don't buy from my carrier.

copypaper212

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
In the past, any full price phone purchased directly from Apple has been unlocked, even if it's not the "official" SIM-free unlocked model. The T-Mobile model (historically) has been the only model that lets you purchase online without being a new or existing subscriber, so if you are on a smaller GSM carrier and want to preorder, you could select that one. Otherwise, choose "full price" for your carrier and it should be unlocked.
That's true. Last year paid in full T-mobile models were unlocked = ready for use in any country with any carrier.
And it was the only 'pay in full' option available from first day.

Shop iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus - Apple
Click "Get Ready for Preorder" then "Get Ready Now"
You can select the options you want, color, size, whatever. When you get to the carrier thing it will give you the option for say, if you have ATT, "ATT NEXT" or "PAY IN FULL", at least it does for me.
I only buy mine from Apple directly. I don't buy from my carrier.
Looks like this year they have 'pay in full' option available for all 4 carriers.
ATT shows [Pay in full] or [AT&T Next]
Sprint shows [Pay in full] or [Sprint 2-year contract]
Verizon shows [Pay in full] or [Verizon 2-year contract]
T-mobile has only [Pay in full]

So any of 'models' when [Pay in full] will be internationally unlocked?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It reads around the web that these are US specific models to me but that they have bands of GSM that should work elsewhere. Maybe I'm misreading?

I have been reading up on that Discover 10% cash back with apple pay offer and I might skip preordering in order to take advantage of that...

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
That's true. Last year paid in full T-mobile models were unlocked = ready for use in any country with any carrier.
And it was the only 'pay in full' option available from first day.

Looks like this year they have 'pay in full' option available for all 4 carriers.
ATT shows [Pay in full] or [AT&T Next]
Sprint shows [Pay in full] or [Sprint 2-year contract]
Verizon shows [Pay in full] or [Verizon 2-year contract]
T-mobile has only [Pay in full]

So any of 'models' when [Pay in full] will be internationally unlocked?

I have an AT&T phone/data plan and a Verizon Tablet plan. I am looking to pick up a Verizon Version so that I can use it on AT&T and on my Verizon tablet plan.

Does the unlocked T Mobile version also work on Verizon? Does it have CDMA bands?

copypaper212

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I have an AT&T phone/data plan and a Verizon Tablet plan. I am looking to pick up a Verizon Version so that I can use it on AT&T and on my Verizon tablet plan.

Does the unlocked T Mobile version also work on Verizon? Does it have CDMA bands?
Most likely no - best is to call Apple and ask!

speedfan1

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

Not sure about the 6s, but the 6 T-Mobile version does work on Verizon just fine. I had T-Mobile for 11 Months and two days after Verizon whitelisted the iPhone 6's, I switched to Verizon and kept using my T-Mobile iPhone 6. Thus far, I have not encountered any issues with it after a month now.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative