Camera Pixel Size?

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I noticed they didn't state that the pixel size remained the same, just that the images are better. Anyone know of the specs on pixel size?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Go look up the stat sheet Apple has on their website...it's the same place everyone is getting the info. Nothing else is available outside of that until someone breaks it down completely.

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 5.41.24 PM.png

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
in the video the photos seemed more robust

between the live photos and Retina flash i think they hit the camera upgrade out the park

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
The reason I mentioned the individual pixel size was because Apple, in the past three to four years have mentioned not reducing the pixel size to 'pack in' more pixels. Larger pixels gather more photons, they said. So, we have now reached a point where, due to space constraints, the pixel size has decreased from 1.5 microns (6 & 6+) to 1.22 microns (6S & 6S+). So, I'm guessing they have reached a point with the software picture processing to achieve the same or better performance with the smaller pixels.

I guess we will soon see the results with some third party testing of the cameras.

Stanin

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I hope, that image quality won't be worse than in iPhone 6. Aperture (F 2.2) is still the same, but individual pixels are smaller. It could means worse pictures in low light conditions. Maybe some photo pro could explain relationship between "F" number and pixel size in term of low light photography.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Don't underestimate Apple. They're not going to offer a worse camera than the previous camera. Regardless of whatever the specs may be, I expect better photos in light and low light. We'll post photos on the 25th. Mine will definitely be better because I'm currently using an iPhone 5.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
In the video they said technologies like deep trench isolation and modified color filter array are said to help with low light performance.

Deep trench isolation has been seen before in camera sensors like the One M7 ST-Micro Cinesensor/Ultrapixel sensor, and Samsung’s ISOCELL sensors, which is likely needed in order to drive these smaller pixel sizes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW