A strange lack of differentiation between 6S and 6S+...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have a theory on this. Maybe OIS is included on the 6 Plus because you're more likely to have a shaky hand holding the bigger device as opposed to the 6/6S and it happens to be convenient enough to be one of the reasons to justify the price difference.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I never realized until just now that OIS on the 6S Plus will now fully apply to video in addition to photos. UGH!! I do NOT want to deal with the Plus on the daily basis but that is something big to me personally. Still peeved that one phone is treated as more of a flagship than the other.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ooooh looks like someone got under Sean's skin! That's 3 posts now bringing it up after the fact. You know you hit a nerve a little to close to the truth when someone can't move on lmao. Go ahead and fume about it some more, I'm quite enjoying how upset this made you almost as much as I am that you're obviously thinking about it every single day :rotfl:

Not at all bud! I actually find it pretty humorous (and also very sad really)...but either way, like the rest of the influx of trolls on the site this time of year, like I said before, you'll be gone soon...just enjoying it while you're still around!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So are we to assume the two phones are identical now? No mention of battery life, no mention of functionality differences, no mention of feature set differences...which is a stark difference from last year's keynote.

Are the two devices the same now?

Not even close. I think this time around they know people know the differences between the two, and didn't have to put as much emphasis on it. Screen, battery, camera plus landscape mode on the 6s+ make them far from the same. Still a shame apple won't put OIS in the smaller model.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Sadly I was hoping the smaller phone would get OIS and 1080p though I never expected it.

Conversely I'm surprised that after a year they seemingly did nothing to differentiate and expand upon the Plus being a phablet (split screen, pop up video, better advantage of screen real estate, etc)

With the small batteries they use, 1080p would have not been the best for the smaller model. that being said, I was hoping for OIS as well. Maybe with the 7.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You and me both. I'd really have to pass on the Plus until it's redesigned. It's still 1080p which means rescaling from its native res. Just didn't see anything to really lure me to that this time knowing how I don't care that much for the form factor.

Hopefully with the 7 they can shrink the huge bezels so the overall size is not so large for the screen size you get.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully with the 7 they can shrink the huge bezels so the overall size is not so large for the screen size you get.

I definitely think they can shrink bezel a little. Though I'd be worried as to how that would affect the internals considering they've already reduced battery...

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I definitely think they can shrink bezel a little. Though I'd be worried as to how that would affect the internals considering they've already reduced battery...

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

Seeing as how the battery does not take near the whole length of the device, it should not be affected. Making it thinner would change it more than shrinking the bezel.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Seeing as how the battery does not take near the whole length of the device, it should not be affected. Making it thinner would change it more than shrinking the bezel.

It would have to be thicker to shrink the bezel, and Apple is too big on being thin! They want to be the Twiggy of smartphones!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73