Will "Bendgate" Still Be An Issue?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will "Bendgate" Still Be An Issue?

I predict someone will post a bending video to YouTube within hours of the phones release. And complain to the world that the phone bends when held in a vise.
Oh yes. Then it will be picked up by other platforms' fan sites and their acolytes will challenge the idea that Quasimodos do bend.
I've got popcorn ready.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Unfortunately people will try to recreate the success of that Unbox therapy video. That video last year got millions of views; I can't imagine how much those guys made from YouTube. I just hope it isn't overblown, I've already been through pen-gate in the Note 5 forums so I need some peace for awhile.

Scattabrain, you bring up a great point in why Apple has decided to increase the cost of AppleCare. Apple is either being even more greedy or more returns have happened than they want to let on. I wouldn't put it past that Apple has seen more replacements for bending and it's correlated with why they are using a higher grade aluminum for the enclosures.

As Sean has said, even IF there were more projected returns, there are lots if other potential reasons - and I add "as well".

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

It could very possibly be that there were lots of bent iPhones being returned...it could also be Apple wanting to make more profit. It could be magical alien brain suckers controlling Apple's service department in their early attempts to take over the planet...

The world may never know...

latest

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Apple is pretty lenient with their returns, no? From what I've heard, they'll allow you to replace it for even the littlest problem. It's one of the reasons people rave about their service I thought.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

It could very possibly be that there were lots of bent iPhones being returned...it could also be Apple wanting to make more profit. It could be magical alien brain suckers controlling Apple's service department in their early attempts to take over the planet...

The world may never know...

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...ainslug.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090504195508

I was unfortunately one of the people with a bent one. Though it was actually my guy who bent it. Which led me to actually think Otterbox and other tight fitting cases could have attributed to this. When I had the 6 it had tempered glass front and back with a flimsy clear case. It was put into a purse, tight areas, etc.

However, upon taking out the bent 6 I gifted my guy for his birthday, I noticed the case had a slight deformity. It was slightly curved. I honestly believe the case was like that prior to the phone being placed in it. My reasoning? I've returned Otterboxes, for not fitting other devices I've owned, for this same reason. Some type of deformity.

I do think the iPhone 6 was a little bit more fragile and pliable in certain regions. However, I wonder if badly fitting cases didn't help attribute to this.

At any rate, I bet the 6s will perfectly resolve this so no more reason to stipulate right?

I can't wait to get my phone... Using the 5s again... Ugh. LOL

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member