Are "S" Models Less Exciting To You?

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I have had the 4s, 5, 5s and 6. Currently off contract and will purchase the 6s. Undecided if I will do off contract and sell 6 to reimburse myself some of that or just sign a contract. Probably the first option though. Also scooping the new mini when they release it.

Excuse my thumbs as they tap away on my "6" #SwipeLife

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
For me the "S" Model improves upon the initial new model launch and I am leaning towards going every 2 years to only "S" models, then again I get a lot of phones.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
It seems to me that the ?S' models consolidate the base model every time, and that if you want a phone that will last a few years the ?S' models are the ones to buy. The gadget obsessed,who only really aspire to the new, should perhaps aim for the first of the number,and spend a year whinging about it so that others can get a finished article next year !

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Originally I used to be on the S series. I started it with the iPhone 4S, then 5s. But the form factor of the 6 attracted me so I got the 6, but I will for sure be getting the 6s somewhere early next year and keep it until the 7s unless the 7 also have some radical form factor or something else that will really attract me to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Brew

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I tend to get every other model or third model. 4, 5s, planning to get 6s or maybe 7. I really like and prefer the s models. No problem finding a case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I jumped from a 4S to a 6. 3 years with the 4S was OK, the only downside for me was the screen size. I think 3 years with the 6 will be a piece of cake. Next stop, iPhone 7S...

ChuckG73

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
The S feels like the more stable and thought out phone. Every two years changing the design and the following year making it the best it can be...

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I definitely think their less exciting just because they don't introduce different looking iPhone.

With that said I love the 6 models just because of the great improvements they bring. It's definitely a refinement.

But I see how people don't get as excited.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I definitely think their less exciting just because they don't introduce different looking iPhone.

With that said I love the 6 models just because of the great improvements they bring. It's definitely a refinement.

But I see how people don't get as excited.

The 6 models were not "refined" though, they were completely redesigned and revamped. Refinement is the defined character of the "S" models, which is why, to me, if I had to choose a single release cycle to follow, it would probably be the S line, since you'd get the newer design device with all the refinement of the "S" models bring to the table each iteration.

If you enjoy refinement, the S models are the way to go. If you like total revamping of the entire slate, the non-S models are the way to go (since those are always the redesigns).

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The 6 models were not "refined" though, they were completely redesigned and revamped. Refinement is the defined character of the "S" models, which is why, to me, if I had to choose a single release cycle to follow, it would probably be the S line, since you'd get the newer design device with all the refinement of the "S" models bring to the table each iteration.

If you enjoy refinement, the S models are the way to go. If you like total revamping of the entire slate, the non-S models are the way to go (since those are always the redesigns).

When I said 6 models, I totally meant the S models. I think my statement makes a lot more sense now, lol. I love the 4, 5 & 6 models because of the new model changes, but the S are great because of the refinements. Really both are great choices because you get great experiences either way. Though like I said for some I see why they might not be as excited about the S models because aesthetically they look the same and you might not think of it as a different phone, but its all about the refinements. lol

Honestly I don't have this problem, because unfortunately for my wife I have to buy a new one every year.

I use to switch back and forth between an iphone and the newest and greatest android phone. I still love android and like to play with all the new phones, but I just dont buy them anymore. As much as I love android, I honestly am so use to the way ios works and the way the apps work and look that I can't use android as a personal phone anymore.

I think that says a lot about how far ios has came along, yes it has used a lot of android features(and vice versa), but it is almost as complete and stable as a mobile OS as there is.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
my first iPhone was the 5. When the 5S came out, I wasn't that impressed. I didn't think I would care that much about Touch ID. Now that I have it on my 6, I can't believe I didn't have it on my 5, but it wouldn't really have changed how I used the phone daily.

With this 6S model, I am definitely upgrading. It looks like 3D Touch changes the way that the whole OS is used and will definitely shape how I use the device daily.

So.. I guess my answer is that it depends for me...

Dafter

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
For me the whole 6 lineup is awful, sure the features are great but the design is just something that I really hate (also the size).

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I always buy a new one every year. But I thought the iPhone 5s Touch ID didn't look all that impressive and wasn't thinking I would use it all that much.

Boy did my opinion change on that fast. It worked really really well, I'm looking forward to Touch ID 2.0 on the 6s to see how much better it really is.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73