Apple A9 Speculation

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have seen a lot of information on the new iPhone. But the only information I've seen on the soc is the process node it will be one. So my question is what would people like to see Apple do with the a9? After reading an in depth look at the Samsung 7420 and how Samsung took a chip with the size and TDP of the A8x and turn it into a chip with the size and efficiency of an apple a8. My hope is that Apple can take the triple core cpu paired with a 6 core gpu. And achieve a chip that is both powerful but can remain power efficient. I don't know if it will happen but it sure will make a screaming iPhone 6s if they go this route.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I know we will see what Apple does after its in the wild. But with all the conversation about the 6s I'd like to speculate on the brain. And the possibilities. Because Apple can go a lot of different directions with the next model and choose to go all out power savings. Or balance muscle with power savings.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd like something like the A8X in the Air 2. Triple core CPU and 6 core GPU along with 2 GB of RAM make it amazing. Also, improved efficiency wouldn't hurt either, but that comes with every advancement of the A series processors.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd like something like the A8X in the Air 2. Triple core CPU and 6 core GPU along with 2 GB of RAM make it amazing. Also, improved efficiency wouldn't hurt either, but that comes with every advancement of the A series processors.

I don't know I would love to see an A8x style chip for the a9 especially knowing Apple could easily build the chip and stay within the same tdp and power profile as the A8. But on the other hand for say the iphone6s a slight increase in ipc along with a huge drop power draw by the soc. would help in the battery life aspect.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2