New iPhone Colors?

Apple Fanatic 44

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Apparently there will be new iPods released in silver, space gray, gold, blue, pink and red. There was a rumor for pink iPhones. The red is probably a product red iPod. Do you think we'll see a blue, pink, or product red iPhone this year?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't think so... One of the issues with multiple colors is stock availability. If Apple does not want the fiasco that the 6 and 6 plus launch was they should limit the color options so they can make enough of them for launch day.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I hope they don't add more colors, especially the rumored "rose gold" that would cost a premium amount like the Apple Watch Edition. I like the 3 colors now, but the only 2 I consider getting every year are the Space Gray and Silver.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I hope so, I want a red iPhone bad ! I've thought about taking it somewhere & getting it red

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Rose Gold and a darker Space Gray, but I'd strongly bet against any other colors like blue, red, or pink, though blue and red would be pretty awesome. Sadly, though, it just won't happen.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

oh man i hope this is true...the rose gold is pretty, but personally the allure of the gold (the one i have) wore off after a few months. i really don't like it. i'll be getting space gray for sure this time. I hope the rose gold doesn't come with a $10k price tag like the watch though. that's a bit much.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so... One of the issues with multiple colors is stock availability. If Apple does not want the fiasco that the 6 and 6 plus launch was they should limit the color options so they can make enough of them for launch day.

Sounds logic here.

You can't please all the people all the time and having multiple colours will mean that some folks will get disgruntled when their preferred colour isn't available. All the while, there might by millions of <colour X> phones sitting on the shelves because no-one wants them.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Sounds logic here.

You can't please all the people all the time and having multiple colours will mean that some folks will get disgruntled when their preferred colour isn't available. All the while, there might by millions of <colour X> phones sitting on the shelves because no-one wants them.

that's how i ended up with a gold one. my store was all out of black and the nearest store was about an hour away that thad it. but they had tons of gold. so here i am. gold. lol. until the 6s...i'll preorder and wait for my space gray...

Apple Fanatic 44

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
The new iPods are here and they come in silver, space gray, gold, blue and pink. Two years ago Apple did the 5C on the S model. Maybe instead this year they'll just add those colors to the 6S since they already added a layer of complexity with two different sizes and because the colors were popular.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Apparently there will be new iPods released in silver, space gray, gold, blue, pink and red. There was a rumor for pink iPhones. The red is probably a product red iPod. Do you think we'll see a blue, pink, or product red iPhone this year?

Good gawd, I hope not. Pink iPhones? blech. Let's just add a true black phone and leave it at that. Black, Space Gray, Silver and Gold.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The new iPods are here and they come in silver, space gray, gold, blue and pink. Two years ago Apple did the 5C on the S model. Maybe instead this year they'll just add those colors to the 6S since they already added a layer of complexity with two different sizes and because the colors were popular.

iPods are a different breed. They sell a ton more iPhones and if they made a baby blue iPhone that no one wanted there would be crazy extra stock of that color.

Look at the Apple Watch. If they offered one watch, not 3, and one band not 10, then on launch day everyone would have had their watch. They could have ramped up production of one skew and poof... no shortage. :)

ndogdrumz

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I really want a product red iPhone. Black and red. It would be awesome. Or if Apple did something similar to Motorola and did custom iPhones on Apple.com.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I really want a product red iPhone. Black and red. It would be awesome. Or if Apple did something similar to Motorola and did custom iPhones on Apple.com.

IMO, custom phones will never happen with Apple. Limited options - at most 3 models, 3 storage sizes and maybe 4-5 colors for the "C" model, 3 colors for the other models. Any more SKUs than that makes the process unwieldy.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I know that just because there is a pink phone it doesn't mean I have to purchase it. But it'll annoy me to no end seeing them in everyday life.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711