front facing camera?

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I've searched all over the internet and I can find the rumor about the 12 MP camera, but has anyone heard anything about the front one?

i HOPE they upgrade it from the piddly 1.2 MP they have now...or at least improve the low light performance.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
They need to innovate and improve the FFC and the rear camera. Its not about megapixel wars, its about keeping relevant. I have seen the commercials showing someone shot a video with the iPhone and it looks great. Well take a Galaxy S6 on the same photo shoot or video and it will look even better. Its no lie, Samsung pulled ahead and apple hates it. Perhaps that is what it takes to get the next iphone camera to step up.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The 6 an 6 Plus make very good photos. No doubt about that. But that front cam really needs a boost. 3 mp would be improvement. But it should be at least 5 mp.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
agreed. MP don't make a great photo. While I can buy off on an 8 MP cam for the iPhone 6 due to their sensor upgrades, there comes a point where you have to question why they're sticking with it? I know MP adds space per photo eating up HD space. So why not get rid of the 16 GB option and just stick with 32-128?

The photos on my 6 are great with the RFC. no lie. the FFC is decent in perfect lighting but when you have phones come out with 5 and 8 MP FFCs you have to raise an eyebrow if iPhone keeps the 1.2 MP one.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've searched all over the internet and I can find the rumor about the 12 MP camera, but has anyone heard anything about the front one?

i HOPE they upgrade it from the piddly 1.2 MP they have now...or at least improve the low light performance.

We should know all about it in August or September when Apple tells us. Rumors and speculation don't really matter, because they are, after all, rumors and speculation.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
well obviously. but if we're discouraging rumors and speculation, then what's the point of these early discussion forums? haha.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
then stay off the forums? get a hobby? learn to knit? either way sounds like these "future models" forums upset you since you've said this on two threads so far...

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd hope they bump the MP count and improve low-light performance as well. The iPhone 6/6+ both shoot amazing photos and videos, but they are not the undisputed champion in cameras anymore. Samsung, with the Note 3/4 and GS6, and LG, with the G3 and G4, provide very good cameras which are as good, if not better, than the iPhone at this point. Apple needs to blow the competition away with the 6s camera and get back on top.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
agreed man. i have faith in them as they are a quality company who turns out quality products...but if the 6s has a 1.2 MP FFC...i'm prolly gonna jump ship. unfortunately.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I watched the WWDC today and with iOS 9 having such intuitive new features I would hope Apple isn't blind to the selfie craze. Maybe the 6s will come with a selfie stick. Ha!

Artie42

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Apple usually won't take radical hardware strategy as many Android competitors do, they will make great optimization for their own products, both hardware and software. To be honest, 1.2 MP front facing camera is a little low in deed. 5 MP will be much more better, but I still think it possible for iPhone 6s, Apple will update their front facing camera in iPhone 7.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Apple usually won't take radical hardware strategy as many Android competitors do, they will make great optimization for their own products, both hardware and software. To be honest, 1.2 MP front facing camera is a little low in deed. 5 MP will be much more better, but I still think it possible for iPhone 6s, Apple will update their front facing camera in iPhone 7.

I'm not a huge selfie/front facing camera user, but a bump in MP wouldn't hurt. For the times I have had to use the FFC, it has looked pretty low-res and I think Apple can do better.

Artie42

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
LOL, I never expect 2 GB RAM and 10+ MP camera with iPhone 6s:tongue:
They are not a luxury, I don't know how does Apple thinks, cost control for more profits?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
LOL, I never expect 2 GB RAM and 10+ MP camera with iPhone 6s:tongue:
They are not a luxury, I don't know how does Apple thinks, cost control for more profits?

I have personally expected 2 GB RAM and a 12-13 MP shooter since the rumors started for the 6s. It seems like a logical step, and Apple needs to bump up the MP to further compete with the likes of Samsung and LG with their top-notch cameras.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice