What does Apple need to do to compete better with the new Samsung S6 and S6 Edge?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: What does Apple need to do to compete better with the new Samsung S6 and S6 E...

No, you left out "Galaxy S6 Edge".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to be clear, your saying that samsung will sell/ship 15 million galaxy s6 edge by July?

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: What does Apple need to do to compete better with the new Samsung S6 and S6 E...

Just to be clear, your saying that samsung will sell/ship 15 million galaxy s6 edge by July?

That's very possible.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Don't back track.
You claimed it was a certainty.

Which is it.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

1- Please show me where I said that it was a certainty. 2- "Which is it?"--- What are you talking about? I am saying that you cherry-picked your quote, and left out the part about the Edge, as it specifically states that the plant is being opened for the Edge.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

1- Please show me where I said that it was a certainty. 2- "Which is it?"--- What are you talking about? I am saying that you cherry-picked your quote, and left out the part about the Edge, as it specifically states that the plant is being opened for the Edge.

I did, look up.

Your going from "galaxy s6 edge" to just "edge".

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
What does Apple need to do to compete better with the new Samsung S6 and S6 E...

I did, look up.

Your going from "galaxy s6 edge" to just "edge".

You're talking crazy now.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Looks like the s6/s6 edge was such a flop that Samsung is thinking about releasing the note 5 early.

http://m.whowired.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=407141

I guess the op finally has his answer.

Eh apparently the s6 are meeting sales goals. I think the note is targeted at a different audience and if they are pushing up the launch its to get in before the iPhone, not because of the s6 sales. They want to try and steal as many sales as they can before the iPhone becomes the "talk of the town" in aug/sept when it launches.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

What would you like him to do? admit it's a failure?

Didn't Samsung deny that the s5 was a flop as well.
We all know how that turned out.

The truth is Galaxy s6 aren't selling and inventory is starting to pile up especially the non edge variant.

Samsung came out and said the s5 didn't meet expectations and thats why they weren't getting all the bonuses and what not.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Eh apparently the s6 are meeting sales goals.

what sales goal?

I think the note is targeted at a different audience and if they are pushing up the launch its to get in before the iPhone, not because of the s6 sales. They want to try and steal as many sales as they can before the iPhone becomes the "talk of the town" in aug/sept when it launches.

it is being reported that Note 4 sales have tanking by as much as 40%, so you would be wrong about its target demographic as well.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

what sales goal?

it is being reported that Note 4 sales have tanking by as much as 40%, so you would be wrong about its target demographic as well.

The note 4 is almost a year old what do you expect? And any "proof" to back your claims of sales tanking? Not to mention how does that show being wrong about the target demographic? I said they wanted to try and get as many sales as they can before the new iPhone is out.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

The note 4 is almost a year old what do you expect? And any "proof" to back your claims of sales tanking? Not to mention how does that show being wrong about the target demographic? I said they wanted to try and get as many sales as they can before the new iPhone is out.

Well, the sales of the Galaxy S6 have tanked, as FFR tried to tell me earlier, but I didn't realize it until I did some reading.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Well, the sales of the Galaxy S6 have tanked, as FFR tried to tell me earlier, but I didn't realize it until I did some reading.

Tanked how? It doesn't sell in Apple like numbers, but still selling pretty well for an android device.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Tanked how? It doesn't sell in Apple like numbers, but still selling pretty well for an android device.

Tanked as in Samsung claimed 20 million pre-orders at launch, and that was a lie. It took 39 days to hit 10 million, which is slower than the S5, and we know what a sales success that the S5 was/s. So yeah, the sales numbers suck. :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Tanked as in Samsung claimed 20 million pre-orders at launch, and that was a lie. It took 39 days to hit 10 million, which is slower than the S5, and we know what a sales success that the S5 was/s. So yeah, the sales numbers suck. :)

20 million was what the channels ordered so not sure how that's a lie.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I think what Samsung need to do is brainwash people into thinking they make the greatest phones so that people will buy them.

I have a Moto X 2014, Note 4, Blackberry Passport, Nokia 925, 1020, 1520 and an iPhone 6 and they all have their own parts that one is better than the others. I wouldn't ever think that iPhone is the best phone overall mainly because of how Apple goes about things like Bluetooth and so on plus they are playing catchup on thinks like nfc and notification light or even better glance screen like windows and Moto X but they do make a great phone. It is not without faults though and anyone who says it is is either fooling themselves or bulls****ing. I had an S6 edge for just over two weeks and I didn't like it and I think the edge bit could have been implemented much better(as it was on the note edge)

The iPhone is a simple phone for people that don't want to tinker with what they have. I couldn't do with just an iPhone because I like to change think about but for now I'm enjoying it.

I see people being very quick to say Samsung copied the iPhone with the S6 but i wonder if they are as quick to admit that Apple copied the HTC M7?

I like to tinker. That's what jailbreak is for :)

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

20 million was what the channels ordered so not sure how that's a lie.

Samsung counts pre-orders as sold, so why is 20 million pre-orders coming down to 10 million sold? That is how it is a lie.

morrisbuttermaker

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend that works for Samsung. He told me on release day for their "new flagships", they had to be at the stores to photograph the crowds and such. There weren't any !

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I think that is a common problematic stance many people have...if something doesn't have incredible success, then it isn't success at all in their eyes. Kind of silly really...happens in sports all the time too, if a team doesn't achieve the ultimate goal, any success they did have is negated and ignored.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I think that is a common problematic stance many people have...if something doesn't have incredible success, then it isn't success at all in their eyes. Kind of silly really...happens in sports all the time too, if a team doesn't achieve the ultimate goal, any success they did have is negated and ignored.

Totally agree. Couldn't have said it any better.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh