Rumoured iPhone 6s this year ahead of iPhone 7

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Only reason I can see them pushing out the 6s early is if the 6 really did have as many defects as we've seen on here. In that case, they could be doing a bit of revamping to insure a lower defect rate.

I doubt it though.

Agree, no reason to pump out more than 1 deice a year. That being said, there are quite a few issues with the iPhone 6 which need to be addressed in the "s" update. So the earlier the better for the update.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
More RAM is needed to improve mult-tasking and to support growing features that Apple has introduced. Now if they would introduce the ability to disable or hide the stock bloatware I don't use I would appreciate that. Yes anything preloaded that user(s) do not use or want installed by default is actually bloatware.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
More RAM is needed to improve mult-tasking and to support growing features that Apple has introduced. Now if they would introduce the ability to disable or hide the stock bloatware I don't use I would appreciate that. Yes anything preloaded that user(s) do not use or want installed by default is actually bloatware.

You think a Stocks app or a Compass app constitutes "bloatware"? Try an Android or blackberry device with all the device crapware and carrier crapware.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The thing about the stock apps on iOS is they don't take up that much space, whereas the huge bloatware on Android takes half the internal storage space of the 16 gb model.,

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The thing about the stock apps on iOS is they don't take up that much space, whereas the huge bloatware on Android takes half the internal storage space of the 16 gb model.,

Even on my Pure Edition Moto X running Stock Android (which has no bloatware), out of the 32 GB of storage, only 24 GB are available to the user. That means that the 16 GB would only have about 8-9 GB left! Compare that to the iPhone and its stock apps, which take up 3, maybe 4 GB.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Even on my Pure Edition Moto X running Stock Android (which has no bloatware), out of the 32 GB of storage, only 24 GB are available to the user. That means that the 16 GB would only have about 8-9 GB left! Compare that to the iPhone and its stock apps, which take up 3, maybe 4 GB.

My Wife got about 28+ gb with her 32 gb iPhone. The OS takes most of the space. The stock app that takes the most space is iBooks at 42 mb. The others hardly take space.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
You think a Stocks app or a Compass app constitutes "bloatware"? Try an Android or blackberry device with all the device crapware and carrier crapware.

I have used EVERY mobile OS available today, PalmOS, PocketPC, Windows Smartphone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android and iOS in fact I have owned a 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6 Plus and countless devices before, after and inbetween.

Yes I do find those apps to be bloatware since the do not serve any real purpose and cannot be removed, disabled or hidden. You can do that with Android. Apple has been adding apps that you cannot remove, Apple Watch app for one. Don't use, don't need it, very likely never will.

Android is bashed all the time by other OS users and honestly, Apple is hardly any better. Its a matter of choice, I chose to use ANY OS, at ANY TIME, because I am OS Agnostic.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Compare a 16GB Android device to a 16GB iPhone, and with most Android phones you can add a microSD card, you cannot with the iphone ever. The apps that some consider bloatware are part of the OS and occupy that section of storage so its not going to be available even if you could delete them.

Where as with iOS each OS update gets bigger and uses up more of the limited space on a 16GB or 8GB phone. If not for greed, Apple would make 16GB the base model and get rid of 8GB altogether. iOS apps do tend to be larger than Android apps.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My Wife got about 28+ gb with her 32 gb iPhone. The OS takes most of the space. The stock app that takes the most space is iBooks at 42 mb. The others hardly take space.

Its not the size of the App, its the fact that you cannot remove, disable or otherwise hide the unneeded or unwanted app. Google allows for this, yet Apple will not do so. I should be able to quickly hide built in apps I don't use. I replace iMessage, Mail, Safari, Calendar, just to name a few. I don't need podcasts, game center, stocks, weather, Apple Watch, either. If I could hid them I would be happy.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Its not the size of the App, its the fact that you cannot remove, disable or otherwise hide the unneeded or unwanted app. Google allows for this, yet Apple will not do so. I should be able to quickly hide built in apps I don't use. I replace iMessage, Mail, Safari, Calendar, just to name a few. I don't need podcasts, game center, stocks, weather, Apple Watch, either. If I could hid them I would be happy.

My Wife's Android had a ton of non delectable apps. Many Android phones today are doing away with the SD card.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
You can disable nearly any app in Android you want, as for microSD, Android M is going to have extensive support for it and many Android OEM's still support microSD. Samsung still does, the GS6 aside the Note series does and do do many, many other models.