Rumoured iPhone 6s this year ahead of iPhone 7

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't like my buses or my phones bendy.

I'll hold on to my iPhone 5 until it drops dead.

I want to skip 6 altogether.

R :)

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

What do you mean by "buses"? And they're not as "bendy" as all that hoopla made them out to be. All large phones will bend with enough pressure or abuse.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

undormant

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean by "buses"? And they're not as "bendy" as all that hoopla made them out to be. All large phones will bend with enough pressure or abuse.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
I'm from London, UK we had buses that were one story and bent in the middle as they turned corners.

It's also the cost of upgrading to something that isn't much different from what I've got joe doesn't apply to me. I've only just stopped paying 45 quid a month for it and gone down to 10 quid a month.

They really need to sort out the battery issue as well. When they've sorted out wireless charging I'll be all over it lol.

Besides is the iphone 6 any more or less bendy than other phones its size? Are there really good phone covers that can help?

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't like my buses or my phones bendy.

I'll hold on to my iPhone 5 until it drops dead.

I want to skip 6 altogether.

Gee, shouldn't my plus be bent to hell since I use it caseless 90% of the time and have dropped it and sat on it several times since I received it on 9/19? You know, since it's so 'bendy'?

Give me a break.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
The rumored iPhone mini would be more durable, and also could be good value, hopefully. Bummer if it gets priced like 5c though.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
No issues with my 6 Plus. However I got the iPad Air 2 last night and it really makes it hard to justify getting a flagship iPhone unless you're on the move a ton. Continuity basically turns the iPad into a humongous phone and the only major difference is GPS and camera at that point. I still use both because I need a great camera as I use my devices as training tools. But I can see someone with an iPad opting for a cheaper 5S or even 5C if that works and saving quite a bit of cash.

It also made my 6 Plus feel like a 4S after using it for 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Since Apple's US businesses tied to cell phone contracts with the major carriers and subsidized phones, I don't see this happening. A six month release cycle would work once, but that's it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't think Apple will start releasing two new iPhones like that. It will be too fast for both the consumer and technology itself.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I personally believe the iPhone 6 S won't come out until Q3 and iPhone 7 will only be out in 2016

That's what I think too. Why change the one phone per year system? They make a ton of money on it, and it keeps consumers from being irritated that their phone is "outdated" within a short period of time.

Ger1980

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Of course, it's 6s for 2015 and then the newly designed model iPhone 7 for 2016.
Apple know quite well how to milk every penny from us.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Of course, it's 6s for 2015 and then the newly designed model iPhone 7 for 2016.
Apple know quite well how to milk every penny from us.

I dont think it's just that. Why, or better how, design a new iPhone completely from scratch every year. It would be rushed, inconsistend, messy. Apple are one of the few companies with a vision, so they sure as hell know what the iPhone7 will look like already, but executing and perfecting that does take more than 10months if you wanna do it right. Inbetween those releases you have one incremental upgrade, which is undeniably there to keep the cash inflow steady, but regardless always a worthy successor. So yeah, of course they're making buckets of money with that strategy... but it makes sense, also if you want to be a company known for leading edge tech devices (you can't just take a 2 year break).

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I dont think it's just that. Why, or better how, design a new iPhone completely from scratch every year. It would be rushed, inconsistend, messy. Apple are one of the few companies with a vision, so they sure as hell know what the iPhone7 will look like already, but executing and perfecting that does take more than 10months if you wanna do it right. Inbetween those releases you have one incremental upgrade, which is undeniably there to keep the cash inflow steady, but regardless always a worthy successor. So yeah, of course they're making buckets of money with that strategy... but it makes sense, also if you want to be a company known for leading edge tech devices (you can't just take a 2 year break).

Apple has never really been on the leading edge of tech when it came to their devices. They perform well, but nothing really leading or bleeding edge tech wise.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Apple has never really been on the leading edge of tech when it came to their devices. They perform well, but nothing really leading or bleeding edge tech wise.

That's true and quite honestly I like Apple devices just the way they are. They perform as good as needed, work most, if not all the time, and when they don't work Apple's awesome customer support comes into play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I would be both surprised and not surprised if this happened. The part of me that would be surprised would be if the iPhone 6s would be released along the Apple Watch in April, or at this supposed media event in February. Another good time might be WWDC in June, alongside the iPad Pro. Remember that the iPad 3 came out in March 2012 and the iPad 4 came out in October 2012? Well, this may happen with the iPhone 6s and iPhone 7.

Plus, Apple may do what Samsung does, which is release two flagship phones in one year (s model in March/April and number model in September/October). This way consumers would be able to not wait long and maybe the carriers would get rid of two year contracts altogether?

We'll just have to wait and see what happens at these media events (later this month, WWDC in June, and fall media events for iPhones in September and iPads/computers in October).

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I would love for Apple to release a new phone in June because I had really overestimated my close up vision when I chose the 6, lol. So if I'm going to upgrade to a plus, it might as well be the latest version.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would love for Apple to release a new phone in June because I had really overestimated my close up vision when I chose the 6, lol. So if I'm going to upgrade to a plus, it might as well be the latest version.

The latest and only "Plus" version is the current iPhone 6 Plus so you might as well buy it now...;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
....Create a WTS thread in the Marketplace section, in accordance to the Marketplace rules, and see what happens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro