Why isn't my Messenger updating its design?

qnmgzrl

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
I'm on the latest iOS (10.3.1) on my iPhone 6s+. I tried deleting and reinstalling my Facebook and Messenger but it still shows up the same old design. I tried logging out of Facebook and then reinstalling both, still no progress. When I log in on a different account on my app though, the new design shows up. When I log back in to my account, the old design shows up. What should I do?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would start with contacting Facebook Support just in case it's an account issue.

qnmgzrl

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
I would start with contacting Facebook Support just in case it's an account issue.

I sent in a report, and they said they'll reply within 48 hours, and still nothing. The app updated yesterday, but my app looked just more ridiculous, but still not the recent update. And it didn't actually update, I just checked the date of the last update on the app store.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Also, be aware that Facebook typically rolls out updates/upgrades over time to different users. They might not have gotten to you yet.

brian_84

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
This isn't unusual. Software companies often won't do a full scale roll out until they're sure they've squashed all bugs. It's nothing personal :biggrin:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When Facebook moved the profile photo to the center, my wife got it a few weeks before I did. Twitter does the same. I got the new Twitter design early, but my cousin didn't get until way later.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro