Well after I talk with Samsung today in Sweden and got information that Samsung only give 1 year warranty did make me decisions to not buy a Samsung S8+ and go back to my iPhone and apple give 2 year warranty on the phone and battery if you have apple app+ warranty so I say goodbye to Samsung and hello again Apple and my iPhone
    Welcome back!
    04-03-2017 07:23 AM
    I just can't understand how Samsung think specially when they had a big scandal with battery with note 7! Samsung should give minimum 2 years to repair their bad reputation
    04-03-2017 07:39 AM
    Faster than any Android is a bit of a stretch, but the Apple A9 chip in the iPhone SE (and iPhone 6S) is an absolute monster, and faster than the vast majority of Android chipsets.
    That's nice and all. But the S8 and S8 Plus has the 835. Furthermore, the S7 uses the 820. Most of those "slow" Android phones you are talking about are not competing against Apple. They are competing against OTHER low to mid range Android phones. Apple doesn't make a low to mid range phone. The majority of the world can't afford iPhones or even high end Androids.
    04-03-2017 12:46 PM
    That's nice and all. But the S8 and S8 Plus has the 835. Furthermore, the S7 uses the 820. Most of those "slow" Android phones you are talking about are not competing against Apple. They are competing against OTHER low to mid range Android phones. Apple doesn't make a low to mid range phone. The majority of the world can't afford iPhones or even high end Androids.
    The iPhone SE starts at $399 full MSRP, and can be had cheaper during carrier sales. When flagships like the iPhone and Galaxy S and Note series start north of $700... The SE is pretty "midrange" in my book.
    04-03-2017 01:15 PM
    04-03-2017 02:54 PM
    I just can't understand how Samsung think specially when they had a big scandal with battery with note 7! Samsung should give minimum 2 years to repair their bad reputation
    That's because Samsung's reputation wasn't really damaged all that bad. It reacted fairly quickly and did a pretty good job of trying to make it right.
    04-03-2017 11:54 PM
    The iPhone SE starts at $399 full MSRP, and can be had cheaper during carrier sales. When flagships like the iPhone and Galaxy S and Note series start north of $700... The SE is pretty "midrange" in my book.
    Yeah, and it only sold well in Europe and the US. Everywhere else...you know...the REST of the world, not so much. It was still to expensive. If you've never been anywhere other than the US and Europe, then your concept of how a mid-range phone will be skewed.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/10/th...-s-and-europe/
    04-03-2017 11:57 PM
    Buh Buy. Enjoy your new phone.
    gernerttl likes this.
    04-04-2017 12:00 AM
    The funny thing is, my daughter wanted an iPhone at first. I let her use mine a few times and she thought it was OK. Then we gave her our old Galaxy S5. After a few days of using the S5, she said she doesn't want an iPhone anymore. She would rather get a Samsung as her next phone. Bwahahaha!
    04-04-2017 12:02 AM
    I will keep my iphone... The one and only android i owned a long time ago quickly became a boat anchor out of frustration using the thing. I will stay with Apple.
    04-04-2017 12:05 AM
    Security is of the utmost importance to me. There isn't a company I know of that has the SECURUTY that Apple does. My company is all Apple and I know of other companies that use Apple as well
    Having been on every Samsung Note and update issues I decided to personally make a switch. Yes they are beautiful screens and the colors are saturated. My iPhone is gorgeous as well
    It's personal preference. I love NOT having battery or security issues. Apple works. That is important to me
    I don't trash any platform. But I ended up frustrated and unhappy. That's what's great about having choices. I chose to make a change.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    04-04-2017 12:30 AM
    Yeah, and it only sold well in Europe and the US. Everywhere else...you know...the REST of the world, not so much. It was still to expensive. If you've never been anywhere other than the US and Europe, then your concept of how a mid-range phone will be skewed.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/10/th...-s-and-europe/
    Globally, on a scale ranging from $0 to $969 (iPhone 7 Plus 256gb) $399 is literally just less than half... even if you cap the range at $750 (base iPhone 7/Galaxy S8) $399 is still just over half. Pretty darn midrange... midrange phones and cheap emerging markets phones are not the same thing.
    04-04-2017 12:59 AM
    I was a hard core android user had every flagship phone that came out. When apple released the iPhone 6plus that was all I was waiting for as I was use to a big screen and couldn't do without one. Now i have had every new iPhone plus series since then and have never looked back. My company uses android we have the galaxy s7 and I hate it. The slow response time when texting is unbearable and I refuse to text with it now. I can't believe how hard it is to text on it as my iPhone 7plus just destroys it in every aspect when it comes to screen touch response time and everything that follows. The iPhone may not have some of what Samsung puts out but it has the best camera of any smartphone has yet to be beat. The operating iOS system is so optimized and smooth that it proves you don't need all that Samsung puts into its phones. They have to put more and more power into their phones because android is not optimized as its open source and without those powerful processors the galaxy series would be more unbearable to use as it already is. Will make a quick reference for you. My rx8 has a 1.3 liter rotary engine in it that produces 247hp 9g rpm and only has 3 moving parts in the engine which is the two rotors and the cam. That 1.3liter is equivalent to a v8 and delivers the smoothest power you can get. Apple phones that only have dual core still smoke Samsung's quad core phones. You don't need a lot of power if you optimize your operating system like it should be. My iPhone never has forced closed on me and never has lagged on me. I love the apps and I don't need all the bells and whistles let's be real we all want a camera that is top notch and we want to text and make phone calls. How often do we really use the gimmicks that Samsung offers. I was one who use to be that guy that had to have those gimmicks but truthfully never used them just like most of all Samsung users don't. I will agree Samsung displays are amazing and yes the camera is great but not better than the iPhones. The iPhone display is great as it's more true to accurate colors but I would love to have amoled display on my 7plus and the iPhone 8 will I believe also want my headphone jack back lol. Bottom line iPhone just works and its smooth and touch response on the screen can't be beat only the google line up comes close and that because its vanilla android which is the only way to go if getting a android device. Also Samsung devices last about a year before they really start lagging super bad and battery dies out they are made that way to make you upgrade which is why they don't care about updating their older phones. You will miss iMessage and FaceTime and just the fact your phone works so I will see you back my friend truly wish you good luck and my post is just my opinion so don't take it as I'm bashing Samsung it's just what I have experienced.
    bcandiolo and Aubbre4 like this.
    04-04-2017 03:49 AM
    Security is of the utmost importance to me. There isn't a company I know of that has the SECURUTY that Apple does. My company is all Apple and I know of other companies that use Apple as wel.
    If you're connected to a network security is no longer real. And recently Mr Trump made that reality even more true.
    gernerttl likes this.
    04-04-2017 07:31 AM
    Sorry you had a bad experience with a Samsung device however your complaints here are not really reality any more based on the feedback from newer devices.
    04-04-2017 07:33 AM
    After my first foray into iOS and iPhone, I've decided to go back to Android. After having an iPhone 6s Plus (64GB) for about a year and a half, I've come to realize that it's ok...Not spectacular... Just...ok.

I'm trading up to a Galaxy S8 Plus. The only thing I will miss will be the 3D touch. I can live without it.

I prefer wireless Qi charging, 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage (with up to 256GB microSD), Chromecast/Miracast support, RAW image capture (built in), IP68 water proofing, retina scanner, finger print, face recognition, and Samsung Pay.

I'll get my shiny new S8 Plus in three weeks.

Buh, bye

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    I will say I can empathize with the "ok" feeling. But honestly, I feel that way about all current tech. Working in wireless allowed me the opportunity to play with the latest and greatest as they released. In this day and age, there really isn't much that "wows" me anymore.

But out of curiosity, why is wireless Qi charging so important? You still have to place your device on a charging mat. Is it THAT much more convenient than simply plugging in your device? You save what? A fraction of a second.

In what ways does that 4GB of RAM improve your experience? I still notice the same levels of browser page refreshes on my buddys S7 as I do on my 7 Plus. For the most part, the RAM isn't an issue at all. It's a talking point that is only around because tech companies market it as a huge advantage. My 7 Plus has 3 GB of RAM and it performs just fine.

Chromecast/miracast support would be another reason to switch if you need that.

Raw image capture. The iPhone is capable of that through the use of many pretty great camera apps. What does having that feature built in provide that my apps do not?

Water proofing? If you're in wet environments then absolutely. But the iPhone 7 devices are water tested and proven to handle submersion just fine.

If you truly require more than 256 GB on your mobile device then that would most certainly be a reason to switch. But with cloud storage, I have very little need for anything beyond the 256 GB I've got on my iPhone.

Retina scanner? Cool to discuss absolutely. But not something I'd use. Seems more inconvenient than simply placing my finger on the home button.

Finger print. Got it.

Face recognition...do you truly use something that can be so easily manipulated by the use of a picture? Honestly. Just wondering. Or is it simply another checkbox to mark off as you list features?

Samsung Pay. Definitely a great feature but is the support for it greater than Apple Pay? I truly don't know so I'm asking. In the places that support Apple Pay my experience has always been great. But if more places support Samsung Pay then it's a great reason to switch, possibly.
    04-04-2017 09:10 AM
    The SE is a mid-range phone...
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-04-2017 09:23 AM
    I will say I can empathize with the "ok" feeling. But honestly, I feel that way about all current tech. Working in wireless allowed me the opportunity to play with the latest and greatest as they released. In this day and age, there really isn't much that "wows" me anymore.

But out of curiosity, why is wireless Qi charging so important? You still have to place your device on a charging mat. Is it THAT much more convenient than simply plugging in your device? You save what? A fraction of a second.
    Yes. It IS that much more convenient. That was one of the things I missed when I got rid of my Lumia Icon. Just sit it on the charger, and voila! No having to plug in.

In what ways does that 4GB of RAM improve your experience? I still notice the same levels of browser page refreshes on my buddys S7 as I do on my 7 Plus. For the most part, the RAM isn't an issue at all. It's a talking point that is only around because tech companies market it as a huge advantage. My 7 Plus has 3 GB of RAM and it performs just fine.
    Probably the best question yet. I don't have an answer. I will find out when I get the phone.

Chromecast/miracast support would be another reason to switch if you need that.
    I use it a lot. Especially when I'm traveling. I have a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. I can project to it with my Surface Pro 3 and my Galaxy Tab S2. Apple limits you to Apple TV which is not as widely used as Miracast/Chromecast.

Raw image capture. The iPhone is capable of that through the use of many pretty great camera apps. What does having that feature built in provide that my apps do not?
    Yes, and you have to pay extra for them. RAW capture is builtin to the stock camera app. If the camera is a certain resolution, you can enable it. No extra money.

Water proofing? If you're in wet environments then absolutely. But the iPhone 7 devices are water tested and proven to handle submersion just fine.
    I live in Hawaii...'nuff said.

If you truly require more than 256 GB on your mobile device then that would most certainly be a reason to switch. But with cloud storage, I have very little need for anything beyond the 256 GB I've got on my iPhone.
    4K video eats up space really quick. It takes a while upload a video to the cloud. For the record, I use OneDrive (I have 1TB of space). Even with my unlimited plan from Verizon. Verizon throttles after 22GB of uploading/downloading.

Retina scanner? Cool to discuss absolutely. But not something I'd use. Seems more inconvenient than simply placing my finger on the home button.
    Good point. I will see how well it works.

Finger print. Got it.
    Yeah. Not many people are happy with the position. We'll see...

Face recognition...do you truly use something that can be so easily manipulated by the use of a picture? Honestly. Just wondering. Or is it simply another checkbox to mark off as you list features?
    Again, good point. Again, I will see how well it works. I used it on my previous Galaxies I've owned and it worked fairly well. Btw, MFST also has it on the 950/950XL.

Samsung Pay. Definitely a great feature but is the support for it greater than Apple Pay? I truly don't know so I'm asking. In the places that support Apple Pay my experience has always been great. But if more places support Samsung Pay then it's a great reason to switch, possibly.
    It is much more widely used (or available I should say) than Apple Pay. If the card reader has a magnetic swipe capability, it will work.

Samsung Pay: What is it, how does it work and how do I use it? - Android Authority
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-04-2017 01:27 PM
    Security is of the utmost importance to me. There isn't a company I know of that has the SECURUTY that Apple does. My company is all Apple and I know of other companies that use Apple as well
    Having been on every Samsung Note and update issues I decided to personally make a switch. Yes they are beautiful screens and the colors are saturated. My iPhone is gorgeous as well
    It's personal preference. I love NOT having battery or security issues. Apple works. That is important to me
    I don't trash any platform. But I ended up frustrated and unhappy. That's what's great about having choices. I chose to make a change.
    I hate to bust your bubble, but Apple devices are not that much more secure than Android devices, and are still not as secure as Windows Mobile devices. All platforms now offer device encryption out of the box (Microsoft/Lumia being the first to do so).

I don't hate iPhone or Apple. I just think Apple products or OK. There is nothing spectacular about them, and I actually feel limited when it comes to compatibility. If I were 100% in the Apple ecosystem, then I wouldn't be writing this. If Microsoft could produce a phone that could truly compete with Android, I would switch back to it instead of Android/Samsung.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-04-2017 01:36 PM
    Bye nye!
    Enjoy your new S8 Plus!
    04-09-2017 05:46 AM
    Apple is secure. To each their own. That's why we are given choices. I am pleased with switching to Apple. Good luck with your S8. Samsung makes a beautiful device but after the Note 7 debacle and my issues with Note 5 it was my decision to switch. Apple updates don't cause battery issues. My iPhone has never lagged nor any other issues I had on android
    04-09-2017 05:42 PM
    Enjoy riding the bandwagon there buddy.

Buh bye!
    04-09-2017 07:13 PM
    04-11-2017 08:18 AM
    After my first foray into iOS and iPhone, I've decided to go back to Android. After having an iPhone 6s Plus (64GB) for about a year and a half, I've come to realize that it's ok...Not spectacular... Just...ok.

I'm trading up to a Galaxy S8 Plus. The only thing I will miss will be the 3D touch. I can live without it.

I prefer wireless Qi charging, 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage (with up to 256GB microSD), Chromecast/Miracast support, RAW image capture (built in), IP68 water proofing, retina scanner, finger print, face recognition, and Samsung Pay.

I'll get my shiny new S8 Plus in three weeks.

Buh, bye

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    It's never goodbye. It's 'until we meet again'. 😃 once you go iPhone you always come back. Some just take longer than others. Haha, I'm just joking.

I wish you all the best with your Galaxy S8. Android definitely allows for more customization. The SD card is always a nice option.

You never know, the iPhone 7s or 8 may get wireless charging. I know some Apple users have been asking for it.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    04-11-2017 02:44 PM
    It's never goodbye. It's 'until we meet again'. once you go iPhone you always come back. Some just take longer than others. Haha, I'm just joking.
    That's definitely true of me! I got my first iPhone, the iPhone 4, in the early part of the summer of 2011. I ended up becoming fascinated by Windows Phone (I still like it, but I got fed up with Microsoft always dropping the ball) and got my first one in November 2012. I used a total of three Lumia phones from then until late September 2015, when I went back to iPhone with the iPhone 6s. So happy to be back and not going anywhere else anytime soon!
    Matty and Jude526 like this.
    04-11-2017 02:56 PM
51 123