6s Plus Restarting & Battery Draining Sporadically after 10.2 Update

jlgraham

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I updated to 10.2 (via iTunes) when it came out, and now I've been noticing some bugs with my 6s Plus. For one, when I connect to bluetooth devices the phone often reboots on its own. It isn't every time, but probably about 1/2 the time it reboots as soon as it connects to a bluetooth device. I've also noticed that it takes about 60-90 seconds for bluetooth to turn on when toggled.

Also, my battery seems to be draining very quickly. Usually I listen to music on my commute, leave the house with 100% and get to work with about 97%. Now, I leave the house with 100% and get to work with about 85%, and it drains quickly throughout the day (mostly idle on wifi).

I haven't noticed anything strange in the battery menu, everything looks pretty normal. I'm also not sure if the battery is actually dying, or if it's just a problem with what it's reporting. The other day I pulled my phone off the charger at 9am and it was giving me a low battery warning at 11:30am after almost no use, but then I plugged the phone in and it was back up to 100% within no more than 30 minutes.

Anyone else noticing anything erratic since the update? I'm really hoping to avoid having to restore the phone, but that'll be the next step.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Have you read about the recall for the 6s plus? For some types they are replacing the battery due to technical issues.
you should be able to find if your model is affected on the apple site. I remember there was an article about it on iMore too.

tspear8183

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I updated to 10.2 (via iTunes) when it came out, and now I've been noticing some bugs with my 6s Plus. For one, when I connect to bluetooth devices the phone often reboots on its own. It isn't every time, but probably about 1/2 the time it reboots as soon as it connects to a bluetooth device. I've also noticed that it takes about 60-90 seconds for bluetooth to turn on when toggled.

Also, my battery seems to be draining very quickly. Usually I listen to music on my commute, leave the house with 100% and get to work with about 97%. Now, I leave the house with 100% and get to work with about 85%, and it drains quickly throughout the day (mostly idle on wifi).

I haven't noticed anything strange in the battery menu, everything looks pretty normal. I'm also not sure if the battery is actually dying, or if it's just a problem with what it's reporting. The other day I pulled my phone off the charger at 9am and it was giving me a low battery warning at 11:30am after almost no use, but then I plugged the phone in and it was back up to 100% within no more than 30 minutes.

Anyone else noticing anything erratic since the update? I'm really hoping to avoid having to restore the phone, but that'll be the next step.

I've had the same issues on mine. Ended up wiping the phone and starting from scratch without backup. Seems to have fixed the problem but it could return. I'll keep you posted.

jlgraham

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I wiped the phone and started from scratch, and that did seem to help with the battery life from 100% to ~50%, but it would still jump from ~50% to ~30% and then go dead very quickly, and still rebooted when connecting to bluetooth. I took it to the Apple store and they performed some diagnostics and "confirmed" it was a "hardware" problem, so they swapped the phone for free (I have Apple Care).

I'm not sure how it could have been a hardware problem, given that I had the phone for over a year and it was fine until iOS 10.2, but the new phone doesn't have any problems, so I'm just happy they solved the issue quickly!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro