iPhone Suggested a Contact's Name?

KingGrimlock

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a feature that's already been talked about, or if it's a new feature, but I discovered this last night:

My mom's friend wanted to set me up on a blind date with someone, so she gave me a girl's phone number. I didn't have the girl's name, so I texted her, introducing myself. She replied back, "... My name is Holly." I don't know if my iPhone read that message, but underneath the little circle at the top that normally shows caller ID picture and contact name, the words "Maybe: Holly" appeared. I'm thinking the iPhone read the words "My name is Holly" and guessed the contact's name is Holly and is now suggesting it.

Any thoughts? Again, I apologize if this has already been discovered and/or discussed.

Jeremy Jacobs

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a feature that's already been talked about, or if it's a new feature, but I discovered this last night:

My mom's friend wanted to set me up on a blind date with someone, so she gave me a girl's phone number. I didn't have the girl's name, so I texted her, introducing myself. She replied back, "... My name is Holly." I don't know if my iPhone read that message, but underneath the little circle at the top that normally shows caller ID picture and contact name, the words "Maybe: Holly" appeared. I'm thinking the iPhone read the words "My name is Holly" and guessed the contact's name is Holly and is now suggesting it.

Any thoughts? Again, I apologize if this has already been discovered and/or discussed.

That's iOS 10 working for you! Post update, your phone combs your messages and emails to suggest both contacts and unidentified callers. Pretty neat (if not a bit creepy too haha)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox