Minimalist case! Which one you recommend ?

PKK77

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi all

As I said in the previous thread that I'm new to apple and I'm in love with my iPhone 6s Plus in space grey .
I'm looking for a beautiful case that compliment this piece of hardware. i'm looking for something that doesn't add much bulk, something simple and minimalist. Either transparent or black, and ideally one that leaves the volume buttons uncovered.

Any recommendations? Thank you in advance for taking time to read this.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna say good luck finding cases that leave the buttons open. The Rhinoshield CrashGuard is a bumper only case, offers 11.5 foot drop protection. Other than that, minimalist cases include the Apple cases and Spigen makes some good thin cases. There is the option of skins, getting a clear skin to add some grip.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I like the Apple leather case. It's minimal bulk, and provides enough grip without being-impossible-to-remove-from-jeans-pocket-attract-all-the-lint grippy.

anon(5790054)

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I use the Insignia case from Best Buy on my work 6 plus, and my personal iPhone 7. They are super cheap (9.99). The case is very thin, but I have had it on my 6plus over a year. I work outside and have dropped my phone several times. Never had any damage. Tried all kinds of cases but always come back to this one. I actually used my old iPhone 6 case on my 7. Just cut out the camera hole so it fit around the camera, looks terrible but I'll buy a new one at Best Buy soon. Good luck!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I was at the Apple store recently, checking out the iPhone 7, in particular the fit in my jeans' pocket (front, of course!).

The sales associate saw the case on my phone and got one of the silicone cases. Very slim case, slim over all combo, and I got it in and out of my pocket easily. It didn't seem to me to be a lint magnet, though it wasn't glossy smooth like some silicone cases.

If I upgrade, it's an Apple Silicone and a Leather case for me. Slim, good fit, non-slip, acceptable price.

PKK77

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Thank you all for your comments
I ended up orederinf a personalised case and it's fantastic and hardly adds any bulk.

6605b74856fa150275bcb960e30765cb.jpg

jlgraham

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I have had really good luck with the "Spigen Thin Fit iPhone 6S Plus Case with Premium Matte Finish Coating for iPhone 6S Plus / iPhone 6 Plus - Crystal Clear" (that's exactly how the name appears on Amazon).

It's really slim, but actually saved my phone from a few decent drops. I was surprised, it was more protective than I expected. I'm on my second one (because I dropped the first one so many times it eventually cracked and fell apart, which was to be expected). They are inexpensive, and I found they had good scratch resistance. Also since they are a hard case, rather than flexible TPU, they don't get yellow over time.

It does leave the bottom of the phone pretty much uncovered, so it doesn't protect the bottom very well. The upside is that you never have issues with charging cables or headphones, no matter how bulky the connector may be.

Another good, inexpensive brand I found on Amazon is "Akna", but those are pretty stylized. They are very well made, and slim.