Weather app?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
To all the Dark Sky fans: look into other weather apps that use the Dark Sky data. There's a whole bunch, and I think a lot of them are better weather apps (with the same data) than Dark Sky. My favorite is Hello Weather

I'll take a look. I mostly use DS for the alerts, but the hourly forecast for precipitation is good, too.

mariusfilip

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Accuweather, it has a nice widget, also available through 3D touch :)
I'm fairly new to iOS, on android and this was my main weather app, i find it to be the most accurate for the area i live in :) IMG_1262.jpgIMG_1263.jpg

604ac

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I use the paid version of Celsius, there is a Fahrenheit version for the US as well
a759d487c932785de8e55a07b707474a.jpg

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Partly Sunny for the past couple of weeks. It's a bit spartan, but a really nice app. I think I will stick with it until the spring storm season.

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I used to be a huge weather app switcher - I was always looking for a better one. One that could do more, show me more, looked different types of information, whether it be in colors, shapes, images or whatever. However about 1 1/2 years ago I started using Dark Sky and I haven't checked another weather app since.
I will admit, it used to seem almost spot on with the rain/snow prediction timer but in some of the updates it wasn't perfect (within 10 - 30 minutes) which in my mind still isn't a big deal nor a deal breaker.
One thing I do like about the app though is it allows you to report what the current weather is.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I used to be a huge weather app switcher - I was always looking for a better one. One that could do more, show me more, looked different types of information, whether it be in colors, shapes, images or whatever. However about 1 1/2 years ago I started using Dark Sky and I haven't checked another weather app since.
I will admit, it used to seem almost spot on with the rain/snow prediction timer but in some of the updates it wasn't perfect (within 10 - 30 minutes) which in my mind still isn't a big deal nor a deal breaker.
One thing I do like about the app though is it allows you to report what the current weather is.

Dark Sky is definitely consistent. NO frills but it gives you what you need and works well.

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Agreed! The only other weather app I use is a local weather stations and I only use that during Tornados - as they can/are more precise to my exact location of what's going on.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have several weather apps, including WU, BeWeather 2, Carrot, and Storm. But the 2 I rely on the most are the WAFF 48 Storm Team Weather (local), and Emergency by the American Red Cross. Those two give me everything I need in weather info and alerts. All the other weather apps I have are purely for fun.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have tried 6or7 different weather apps and only use one The Weather Network Pro it is most accurate here and sends me severe weather alerts .

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2