Looking at all the hype of the 7 and having checked out a few of them that my friends got. I am not impressed. I don't need to get into the spec battles with anyone. We all know them.

The only BIG reason to get the 7 is the Waterproofing. That is big (should of had it 2 years ago)... I know the camera is a little better and the processor a little faster, but that is hardly a reason to give up your 6S or 6S+.

We lose the headphone jack and gain waterproofing.. Not a good swap for me. I hear people saying that if you had anything older than the 6 than you should upgrade, and I agree, but to the 6S or 6S+/ You can get them for a great price and none of the made up drama of actually getting one.

This is a big swing and a miss for Apple, I do not put it past them to put out a phone that is so underwhelming that the Iphone 8 that will undoubtedly come out next year will seem utterly amazing and revolutionary compared to the 7. They may be purposely playing the expectations game and saving the BIG news for another year.

I applaud Apple for the fake shortages and the manufactured delays to keep up the demand, but unless you just have to have the NEWEST Iphone as a fashion statement, stick with what you got today and wait for an actual new iphone next year.
    09-26-2016 07:42 AM
    On that note I have a 6s+ for sale on swappa for 575.
    09-26-2016 07:49 AM
    Looking at all the hype of the 7 and having checked out a few of them that my friends got. I am not impressed. I don't need to get into the spec battles with anyone. We all know them.

The only BIG reason to get the 7 is the Waterproofing. That is big (should of had it 2 years ago)... I know the camera is a little better and the processor a little faster, but that is hardly a reason to give up your 6S or 6S+.

We lose the headphone jack and gain waterproofing.. Not a good swap for me. I hear people saying that if you had anything older than the 6 than you should upgrade, and I agree, but to the 6S or 6S+/ You can get them for a great price and none of the made up drama of actually getting one.

This is a big swing and a miss for Apple, I do not put it past them to put out a phone that is so underwhelming that the Iphone 8 that will undoubtedly come out next year will seem utterly amazing and revolutionary compared to the 7. They may be purposely playing the expectations game and saving the BIG news for another year.

I applaud Apple for the fake shortages and the manufactured delays to keep up the demand, but unless you just have to have the NEWEST Iphone as a fashion statement, stick with what you got today and wait for an actual new iphone next year.
    Kinda agree on most... I'm thinking next year phone will be improvement on 7, so may be called 7s/7s+... If I upgrade, with the exception of the ip5, I go for the S model..(got 6s+ 128gb in April)..they usually seem to work out any issues with the new model on the S. although, I won't be upgrading probably for another 2 years..so 8s+ or whatever it is...
    RobertP1 likes this.
    09-26-2016 09:35 AM
    I agree with this post for those going from 6S to 7 or 6S+ to 7+ devices. I personally went from a 6S to a 7+ and for me that was a definite upgrade. One that I don't regret one bit.
    RobertP1 and aximtreo like this.
    09-26-2016 10:03 AM
    I made the same decision. I purchased a rose gold 32GB 7 Plus a few days after launch and I am returning it. Coming from a 6s Plus there just doesn't appear to be that much difference in the 2 phones. Barring the obvious camera upgrade and the new 10 Fusion chip, and I guess the water-resistance, the performance after upgrading to iOS 10 isn't that great of a difference. My 6s Plus is still lightning fast and I don't care about the camera upgrades, the present camera works just fine for me. So I will see what 2017 brings!
    09-26-2016 03:08 PM
    Same here. I got my 6S Plus a few weeks ago, and even though I knew the 7 was coming, I don't regret my decision at all.
    RobertP1 and sMt73 like this.
    09-27-2016 03:43 AM
    Loving my 6S+, and with iOS 10, there is no need to upgrade that I see. Plus no headphone hassles either!
    RobertP1 likes this.
    09-27-2016 10:31 PM
    As far as I'm concerned the 6s+ should have been called the 7+.. And the New iPhone 7+ should be the 7s+ .. 😎
    RobertP1 likes this.
    09-28-2016 07:27 PM
    I am switching to iPhone after 7 years with Android. I ordered the 6S+ primarily because the 7+ doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade to offset the value of the 6S+ at the reduced price. Add to that I am now set up to upgrade to whatever Apple releases next year and the 6S+ seemed like a better jumping off point.
    09-28-2016 08:19 PM
    I must confess that my T-Mobile Rep just offered me a FREE 7+... and since I am not an *****, I will take it and probably love it!! LOL

Will give my opinion next week after I run it around for awhile
    comiken205, libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    09-29-2016 10:08 AM
    I just picked up a 6s plus & preordered a 7 plus before hand. Honestly, I'm thinking of canceling the 7. The 6s does basically everything the 7 does. Plus, my fianc has the 7 Plus if I get curious
    09-29-2016 10:14 AM
    I must confess that my T-Mobile Rep just offered me a FREE 7+... and since I am not an *****, I will take it and probably love it!! LOL

Will give my opinion next week after I run it around for awhile
    Please keep us posted.
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-29-2016 10:23 AM
    I just picked up a 6s plus & preordered a 7 plus before hand. Honestly, I'm thinking of canceling the 7. The 6s does basically everything the 7 does. Plus, my fianc has the 7 Plus if I get curious
    I am bummed about the headphone jack, I use mine daily
    09-29-2016 10:43 AM
    I am switching to iPhone after 7 years with Android. I ordered the 6S+ primarily because the 7+ doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade to offset the value of the 6S+ at the reduced price. Add to that I am now set up to upgrade to whatever Apple releases next year and the 6S+ seemed like a better jumping off point.
    Me too...
    10-24-2016 09:19 PM
    I did the same thing... at first. I liked the iPhone so much, that I decided I was not going back to Android and I needed the "latest and greatest." Ordered the 7+ 256GB in matte black. That will tie me over until next year.
    10-24-2016 09:55 PM
    After the excitement of the 7 dies down, it really didn't seem worth it to upgrade to me.
    I'll wait till the 2017 iPhone comes out.
    I prefer the S models. Sure the camera is cool and the waterproof is nice, it that's about it for changes. I'm happy with my 6s+.
    10-26-2016 06:57 PM
    I could've bought the 7, but I went for 6s Plus a month ago. It's fantastic and you'll get a headphone jack with it too
    10-27-2016 03:11 PM
    I could've bought the 7, but I went for 6s Plus a month ago. It's fantastic and you'll get a headphone jack with it too
    If you regularly charge your phone and use your headphones simultaneously, I can definitely see the headphone jack being an issue. I haven't been bothered by it one bit. I charge my phone while I'm sleeping, so my lightning port is always available when I need it. I just keep the adapter hooked to my favorite pair of earbuds, so I never need to track that down either.
    10-27-2016 09:04 PM
    I agree, I have a 6S Plus and I can't justify buying the 7 Plus right now. I agree that losing the headphone jack is a big deal for me right now. Hopefully by next year when the iPhone 8 is released, manufacturers will have come up with some high quality bluetooth options that are more affordable.
    10-28-2016 01:25 PM
    After the excitement of the 7 dies down, it really didn't seem worth it to upgrade to me.
    I'll wait till the 2017 iPhone comes out.
    I prefer the S models. Sure the camera is cool and the waterproof is nice, it that's about it for changes. I'm happy with my 6s+.
    Same here. After the Note 7 debacle I won't chance another Samsung phone, and I couldn't get my hands on a 7+ at the time. I went back to the 6S+ and I'll stick with it until the next one.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-14-2016 08:16 AM