Low volume

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks I have week old 6s plus from t-mobile. I have noticed the volume is kinda low on it. All volume is turned up and and still low.

Thanks

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Make sure there is nothing blocking the bottom speaker.
Otherwise I wouldn't know why the volume is low.
You can always walk in a T-Mobile store or an Apple Store and have them have a look at it.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that you could open a YouTube video on your iPhone and turn up the volume with the side button. See if there is any chance. But before you do so, go to Settings > Sounds and disable Change With Buttons.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I know it come with a plastic film on the screen that covers the earpiece, make sure that's off.

Yup, that came to mind too. True story, had a friend knocking on my door with low volume issues. Looked at the phone, slapped him on his head and took off the cover He slapped back of course

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Yup, that came to mind too. True story, had a friend knocking on my door with low volume issues. Looked at the phone, slapped him on his head and took off the cover He slapped back of course

Lol a lot of people try and keep it on as a screen protector but don't realize it's covering the speaker

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
One thing that has helped our phone's volume, is go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing Aids > Hearing Aid Mode > Toggle on.
This increased the volume of my Wife's 5c significantly. She couldn't hardly hear it. This worked. She has excellent hearing. It increased volume on my iPhone 5 as well, but not as much. I keep it on with my 6s Plus as well. But haven't tested it. I have plenty of volume. I'm hearing impaired.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks I have week old 6s plus from t-mobile. I have noticed the volume is kinda low on it. All volume is turned up and and still low.

Thanks

If you use a pen style brush, run it back and forth through the earpiece several times. This will remove any dirt, oil makeup etc. which can buildup over time.

That should do the trick.

Hope it helps.

Hardbodyhero

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Hey, I too have had the same issue. Ear speaker was way too low as well as the keyboard sounds. Learned a trick by accessing the "Music" app under settings. Scroll down to EQ and select "Late Night". Then make sure volume limit is set to off.

You will notice a considerable difference in the volume of the keyboard and speaker volume. I have no Idea how the devs decided to package the audio compression channel though Music.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok tried that can't find eq anyplace

Settings > Music> EQ
b889a295ef3613c7a6e37c8f6d344ff7.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads