Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By pkcable
  • 1 Post By ThePinkChameleon
  • 1 Post By pkcable
  • 1 Post By TripleOne
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default How long should the 6S Plus last?

So on a typical human years, how long will iphone 6s plus last?
  2. Best Answer

Battery will last approximately 3 years before you have to replace it if you charge it once daily.

The rest is quite solid material so I guess you should be able to enjoy the phone for at least 5 years, if not more.

But don't forget, as with everything, it totally depends on how you treat the device.

Default Re: Iphone 6s + lifetime

Battery will last approximately 3 years before you have to replace it if you charge it once daily.

The rest is quite solid material so I guess you should be able to enjoy the phone for at least 5 years, if not more.

But don't forget, as with everything, it totally depends on how you treat the device.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: Iphone 6s + lifetime

5 years is actually really long and I would for it to last for more than my expected time. I calibrate the battery twice a month and I am very careful not to drop it. I'm not sure about on environmental factors though. But I sure hope it does last longer. Thank you!
    Q&A Jedi

Default Re: How long should the 6S Plus last?

Apple is quite reasonable for battery repair (for Apple!) at 79 dollars (adjust for your local currency), so if you DO keep it a while know that a battery replacement is VERY possible...

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/battery-power
    dchandler likes this.
    iMore Genius

Well....I'd say if you take extra good care of it, it should last you quite some time.

I still have the first gen iPad Apple released April 2010, and it still runs & looks new. It may not be able to have the newest apps on it because the software is at iOS 5, but it functions for what I need it for. *knock wood* I've never needed to replace the battery either.
    gelz092 likes this.
    Q&A Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkChameleon View Post
    Well....I'd say if you take extra good care of it, it should last you quite some time.

I still have the first gen iPad Apple released April 2010, and it still runs & looks new. It may not be able to have the newest apps on it because the software is at iOS 5, but it functions for what I need it for. *knock wood* I've never needed to replace the battery either.
    I believe my first gen iPad is still in use too. My ex's parents have it. She's long gone, but last I heard from her, they were still using it!
    iMore Guru

I think it'll last for a good 3-4 years.
    precon22 likes this.