6S plus users? Upgrading?

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just got the 6S Plus to replace a Note 7. I had to twist my carrier's arm to let me do this as I actually received a bonus credit for trading up to the Note, so I'm happy with what I have.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The camera and water resistance are appealing but by most standards my 6s Plus is still wonderful.

If I upgrade I'm sure 3 kids with older phones will be the push or spark. Maybe trying the camera will help.

Roguefoxx

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
While I do tend to like to upgrade when the latest and greatest come out, I'm fairly sure that I'll be sticking with my 6S plus this time around. Maybe when the 8 comes out.

murphcid

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I am trying to decide on what to get the other daughter. She wants the newest and best (don't they all?), but I think that she will miss the 3.5mm headphone jack. Plus with the new 7, I can probably get her a 64gb 6sPlus for the cost of a base 7. I don't like the loss of the headphone jack, but Apple does things like that all the time. So I guess at this point it will be a pure cost/benefit ratio. She got told that if she gets the 6s Plus or 7 Plus, it is going to be Christmas AND her birthday rolled into one.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
No upgrade here. Hubby & I just got our 6S Plus' in Jan 2016. I'm very happy with it honestly, and the iPhone 7 Plus didn't really "wow" me to where I feel I have to trade up from the 6S Plus. I totally love what I have now

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
No upgrade here. Hubby & I just got our 6S Plus' in Jan 2016. I'm very happy with it honestly, and the iPhone 7 Plus didn't really "wow" me to where I feel I have to trade up from the 6S Plus. I totally love what I have now

Yeah..I'm with u...only thing I wish my 6s+ 128gb had was the 256gb option..

Jazzy79

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
No upgrade for me and hubby either we just got our 6s+ 128gb back in April. We want to wait to see what comes out next year.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Ahhhh colors shmullers... They shoulda always kept black... Obviously better camera is always good, but not earth shattering...a noticeably bigger battery in that form factor would really be big... 160$ for non standard headphones...hmm..not sure I'd go for that..can't use them with laptop...and a bit easy to lose I think...they should have a strap or something connecting them together...definitely not for runners..the other bad thing is I'm guessing because they're not standard Bluetooth, they won't work with my 6s+...or anything else but the ip7..I MIGHT have bought them for casual wearing/use if they would work with my 6s+ when my LG HSB800's finally die..

I thought the new AirPods were compatible with older iPhones as long as you upgrade to iOS10? I will be keeping my iPhone 6s Plus till next year....

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I buy the new model every year. For some reason I can't bring myself to justify upgrading and taking the time to try and sell off my old device. I feel lazy and unmotivated to even try at this point because I just am not as excited for the new iPhone as I have been in years previous. Even last year I felt much more compelled to upgrade from the 6 Plus to 6S Plus. I just had that gut feeling that they were going to improve on the memory and speed which ended up happening. Best upgrade I ever made.

aokusman1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Apple are marketing geniuses. Despite a history of poor sounding Apple earbuds they have found a way to make people interested in their wireless ones at a hefty price.

JimPS

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm not tempted at all for the 2X optical zoom and more colors. I guess water resistance is nice, but my daily life doesn't have many water hazards. I'm already impressed with the 6S+ camera and 60FPS, 1080 video. If I want much more than that, I'll buy a separate camera.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I was going to go from 6 Plus to 7 Plus, didn't work out, however I AM going from 6 Plus to 6s Plus. It arrives today. I plan to use it for a year if not two years, before upgrading again. So no 7 for me.

Mister Tibbs

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
As far as Camera upgrade goes, one must take into consideration, their own optical health. No 2 individuals see color exactly the same. I have a fairly good understanding of HiDef Color, Quantification and the differential equations used in mapping color of R.G.B. and C.M.Y.K.
The measuring of color is performed using a Optical Color Density Meter. A very expensive little machine that resembles a top end Fluke V/A Meter. Cost is a around a grand or so.
I'm now retired from over 45 years of technical field service. Started in PPC repair and ended with hi-end large format plotters and color laser printers, both using C.M.Y.K. color. Special emulation thru the embedded controllers allows the C.M.Y.K. to "closely" resemble R.G.B. color (our own eyes see R.G.B.)
In order to facilitate the measurement and quantification of each shade of color in the 16,400,000 colors that comprises the "Pantone" color scheme. Most humans can see Pantone shade differences even without any optical measuring device. The average person sees far less than the 16.4 million colors that is considered the standard for the full color spectrum. 20/20 eye sight and Orbital Ocular Color Dissemination. Very big words to describe just how much color a human eye can detect. The various levels of colors, called "shades" or "steps" generally are not discernible from one shade to the next. Approximately 5 to 10 shades of any color passes before our eyes can actually detect a change in that color spectrum.
The standard grayscale utilizes 256 shades from zero image (white) to 100% image (black). On the average, humans can see about 128, half of 256 shades of gray.
I have a great understanding of imaging, both analog and digital, monotone and full color. Pen plotting, line and imbedded RGB photos to be rendered in a CMYK color. RGB (photo) to CMYK (color reproduction). So how much more BS stuff do I need to write about, concerning colors and steps. This was quite enough! For anyone!
It comes down to this. The 6s+ and the newly released iPhone-7 both have fantastic front and rear CCD's. I don't have a need for more colors or palates. 16.4 million colors are enough for me to use.
Also, consider this little tidbit of information about who is going to be viewing the image and more importantly "what kind of print media or visual display" will be used to view or output (print) that enhanced color image. The ONLY way you can enjoy and view the enhanced colors are with the display from the device that the image was created with.
My 6s+ 128gb device is just fine for me and any rendering of images in partial or full color, will be quite satisfactory on this phones 3D Touch Display. Consider the OUTPUT viewing device or printing device and media used in printing. With 3D printing the colors that are used are more basic than an 8 pack of Crayons.
So again, unless you plan to display your enhanced colors on your new IPhone 7 ONLY, and are not planning on outputting a (3D build) or a color ink reproduction. Then an upgrade to the 7 is just perfect. Otherwise stick with the display of the 6s+.
I guess I'll just have to live with such an inadequate 12mp camera and 3D Touch display of my current iPhone. I'm so disappointed with my iPhone 6s+ because of this inadequacy from Apple. HaHa Just kidding.
I love my iPhone and I'm pretty sure that I have all the bells and whistles I need or think I might possibly need. I may just hold on to this 6s+ and consider it my last iPhone purchase. I'm to damn old to keep trying to remember all the new settings and tricks that come with a new iPhone. Heck, I haven't explored half of the functionality of this device yet.
As in Las Vegas, BlackJack goes, I'm going to hold for now.

Last edited: