Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree84Likes
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: 6S plus users? Upgrading?

I can't upgrade till February but I'm tempted to get the 7 plus. I usually like to wait for the S models to be released the following year.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Nope, no need to. I'll get the the 7S Plus next fall. I just installed a black Dbrand skin on it. I now have the 7 with headphone port.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

I just upgraded to a 6s Plus in January. The new features of the 7 Plus are nice (splash resistance solid state home button, better display), but I'm not clamoring to get one. I might upgrade in the next couple months once the high demand winds down.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Tempting, but I'm gonna break the cycle and keep the 6S+ until it's paid off. Still the best device I've ever had.
    ladyc0524 and CrisG like this.

Gonna hang on to my 6s Plus for now. It's still a very good phone. I'll catch the latest greatest next year!

I think I'm going to hold on to my PRISTINE 128gb Space Black 6s Plus for a little while longer.....Of course that's always subject to change...LOL
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,354 Global Posts

Hmmm... Probably not. I like my 6s Plus, but I'm not in love with it. I really don't care if Apple got rid of the audio jack.

To me, the iPhone in many ways, still behind both Microsoft and Android when it comes to features and specs. There are a few things I like; 3D touch and available apps. The battery life is actually pretty good on the 6s Plus.

We'll see how the Note 7 does, now that Samsung is fixing the battery issue.
    ladyc0524 and eternal2009 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

I still couldn't be happier with my 6s plus. No complaints here. As much as I like reading about the 7, that is enough satisfaction for now. My 6s plus is rock solid and doesn't feel out of date. I will be upgrading next year though so I can keep my current phone as backup or give it to family.
    ladyc0524 and Spencerdl like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Thinking about giving back my 7plus and just sticking with my 6s+ and save the money up and just buy the next one out right.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AugustVance View Post
    Thinking about giving back my 7plus and just sticking with my 6s+ and save the money up and just buy the next one out right.
    I ended up doing just this, and while I was really excited for some of the 7+ improvements (dual camera and additional RAM mostly), it wasn't enough at the end of the day. The dual camera was nice, but in my experience the 56mm lens was not good enough in lower light settings where I (apparently) use my phone a lot to make a difference for me. And I actually think my 6S+ is a bit smoother than the animations 7+, although that will likely improve going forward just like the 6S+ did. So I'm back to my 6S+ until the next iPhone, and I'm more ok with that than I thought I'd be.
    ladyc0524 and Spencerdl like this.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I bought my girlfriend an iPhone 6s few months ago. It was her first iPhone and It's just amazing. Haven't got my first iPhone yet, but it shore is going to be 6s Plus. 7 Plus dual camera looks too damn ugly and 4,7 inch display is just too small for me and I love horizontal home screen on the Plus models.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,647 Global Posts

I'm upgrading to the 256 GB 7 Plus. The Note 7 recall has opened loopholes with Verizon I didn't expect to be able to jump through. I would have kept the 6S Plus (my replacement for my Note 7) but that new camera is calling!!

I'm a heavy camera user. It's my only weakness.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    715 Global Posts

The camera is tempting, but I just received my 6S Plus a month ago. Much as I love trying out the newest stuff, I think I'll just hang onto my 6S Plus until the next iPhone comes out.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,145 Global Posts

I just got back into iOS and decided to go for a 6S Plus 128GB for $600 instead of cashing out for an iPhone 7 that costs more and is not that much of an upgrade really. I always cash my phones so I "saved" a few hundred dollars this way and am still happy as heck.
    Devhux likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Yeah I am going to hold onto my 6s+ for another year. I got it in March so its not that old. Also this year it wasnt a big design update compared the 6s+. Specs are better but I can live without them. This phone feels fast still.

Next year I am going to weight my options between the iPhone 8(which I am thinking will be a new redesign) or the next Google Pixel phone. It will probably be an iPhone however since I am sort of waiting for Google to make their own SoC for Pixel.
    iMore Nanite

I just got the 6s and I'm wondering if I should switch to the 6splus. I am a mother of 2 who loves taking pictures- especially on vacation! I am not a photograher but like a good photo and don't have a camera. I don't use my phone as much as my daughters although I'm a facebook and isatragram user. I use my calendar, go on safari and perhaps go into a few apps. Not sure if I need more than the 6s offers.

I use my ipad at home at night time therefore, not sure if I should switch to such a high end, larger phone? I work at a desk in a school therefore need to be careful where I keep my phone for safety. Although, I try to keep it in my pocket, with this one fit?

If you could give me more input that would be great I only have until later today to change it.

Thanks
    Teresa
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123