iPhone 6s+ having poor battery life with 9.3.5

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Downgraded from beta 10 to 9.3.4, the. Updates to 9.3.5. Battery has been terrible today to the point where my usage and idle time were equal. My 6s+ was dead by 4pm today usually at 11pm it has 20% left. Anyone else having this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oftentimes, when usage and standby times are identical, a rogue setting or unsupported app is the culprit. Update any app that has an awaiting update, reboot your device, and then check the usage and standby times in about an hour or so.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
bf99d1848a2e5c91273d6cb337ecaba2.jpg
I'm actually having a pretty good battery day lol

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Downgraded from beta 10 to 9.3.4, the. Updates to 9.3.5. Battery has been terrible today to the point where my usage and idle time were equal. My 6s+ was dead by 4pm today usually at 11pm it has 20% left. Anyone else having this issue?

I am on IOS10 beta and battery has actually gotten worse for me with the last two betas. Being this far into betas, that is worrying. Hopefully next beta will fix the issue.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You can always count on Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat to help drain your battery.

You're not kidding !! I don't have FB, but I do use IG and SC...holy heII...you can just watch the battery percentage drop while using them LOL but it's whatever. I use my phone and enjoy it. If need be I plug in to charge or turn my Mophie on I don't obsess over battery anymore like I did with my first iPhone (4S).

I can say when I don't use IG and SC much, I get great battery life.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
d04344f1fa0d0aae73f7690f731335d9.jpg

Late last night I actually had to reset all settings and content, then restore from iCloud backup. Battery seems to be better than yesterday but unfortunately I wasn't able to restore from my most recent backup due to iOS 10 backups at night. Another thing I haven't tested today but will tomorrow is wearing my pebble time watch. I'm waiting for my Apple Watch to be restored back to watchOS 2 from Apple repair, and have been wearing the pebble instead. I'll test tomorrow and report back.

piscestg

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
It appears Verizon installed a site closer to me as my signal has improved recently, although battery life on my 6S Plus has always been better than most of my previous Android phones.
Batt28Aug2016.jpg

bluegreen1965

May 29, 2015
Visit site
My battery longevity has dropped too since loading 9.3.5 last week. Before that I considered it really good. I hope things improve after iOS 10 arrives next month!

Elwaleed Mahmoud

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
The general wisdom is ,not to rush to updates as soon as they're out. Waiting is sometimes a good strategy. Why don't we let independent experts weigh in first; because sometimes Apple rushes updates out just to target jailbreak exploits (iOS 9.3.4) and the update turns to be for the worst. Now that we cannot downgrade to iOS 9.3.3 it seems Apple is dictating what you get and what you won't. I don't think Apple is better than me in picking what is good for me. Apple is not treating us like responsible adults who can make choices.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
The general wisdom is ,not to rush to updates as soon as they're out. Waiting is sometimes a good strategy. Why don't we let independent experts weigh in first; because sometimes Apple rushes updates out just to target jailbreak exploits (iOS 9.3.4) and the update turns to be for the worst. Now that we cannot downgrade to iOS 9.3.3 it seems Apple is dictating what you get and what you won't. I don't think Apple is better than me in picking what is good for me. Apple is not treating us like responsible adults who can make choices.

This was more of a security update that needed to be pushed out. They always keep signing the previous versions of software for a few days unless there is a major issue.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Sometimes this is true, but iOS 9.3.5 should be installed right away as it fixes a very real, very scary vulnerability in your device.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I am on IOS10 beta and battery has actually gotten worse for me with the last two betas. Being this far into betas, that is worrying. Hopefully next beta will fix the issue.

I'm on the most recent public beta and battery is definitely not what it was on 9.3.4 hoping it's just a beta thing

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

It is just fine here But HOLD ON!!!! 08-27-2016, 02:18 AM!!!!!! Dude only 5 days left to iOS 10.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73