My battery usually does not get drained during my sleep, but with ios 10, it did.
    09-15-2016 05:14 AM
    My battery usually does not get drained during my sleep, but with ios 10, it did.
    A little story about last month:
    My sister went for a long vacation and left her kitty at my place. The first few days the kitty went up and searched every nook and cranny in my house, was restless all the time and couldn't stay at a place for more than a minute. After a few days it settled down and was acting like all cats do, laying still and quiet.
    iOS 10 is like that. It's new, it doesn't know the device it's been installed on, so it starts analyzing and indexing everything, including photos, apps, music, Siri, Siri suggestions as well as many other stuff on the background.
    In doing so it drains battery faster in the few next days. After being finished it won't drain as fast as in the beginning. Same goes for you. Since it's a new major update, you have been searching everything that is or could have been changed. After a few days you will start using the phone as before the update and the battery will last much longer.
    mumfoau and gelz092 like this.
    09-15-2016 05:21 AM
    Check Settings for any location services, system services, and push notifications you might turn off. Even email push notifications that come in the night will use battery. I found my 6s Plus draining at night from 100% to 70%. I'm still trying to determine the cause. It's happened twice that I'm aware of. I usually keep the phone plugged in at night whether it needs charging or not. That way whatever happens during the night won't affect my battery and I wake with 100%. Also check "Share My Location". That will use battery at night as well.
    gelz092 likes this.
    09-15-2016 06:20 AM
    Same here. On iOS 9.3.5 and earlier, during bedtime from midnight to 7am, my batt is usually still at 100%. But now at 10.0.1, it's 97%.
    gelz092 likes this.
    09-15-2016 07:16 AM
    A little story about last month:
    My sister went for a long vacation and left her kitty at my place. The first few days the kitty went up and searched every nook and cranny in my house, was restless all the time and couldn't stay at a place for more than a minute. After a few days it settled down and was acting like all cats do, laying still and quiet.
    iOS 10 is like that. It's new, it doesn't know the device it's been installed on, so it starts analyzing and indexing everything, including photos, apps, music, Siri, Siri suggestions as well as many other stuff on the background.
    In doing so it drains battery faster in the few next days. After being finished it won't drain as fast as in the beginning. Same goes for you. Since it's a new major update, you have been searching everything that is or could have been changed. After a few days you will start using the phone as before the update and the battery will last much longer.
    +1. Good explanation. Hopefully this will make sense and help some people. I find that the battery life in my 6s Plus is excellent on iOS 10.
    09-15-2016 04:06 PM
30 12